Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 AM   #1
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
axle allignment

The axles on my 3400 seem to be out of allignment. I know all about the Moride floating suspension and that you need to run it straight ahead to get the slop out before measuring. I've measured it several times at different locations and the left side tires are always 1 1/2 to 1 3/4" closer than the right. I also measured at the axle and the reults are the same. It's at Blue Grass RV in Lexington Ky right now having a front A/C installed and a few minor problems addressed. They jacked it up completely and took all their measurements and said it is dead on. The axles are perfectly even and true. I told them that might be true but maybe when the weight is put back on the axles and the unit is moved something is shifting or loose. He said he would put it down and move it and recheck. I'm still waiting to hear from him. Sounds like Keystone thinks this situation is OK. Anyone have this problem or any ideas about this? Maybe one of the suspension parts is broke or loose and it looks good jacked up but not with weight on it. I don't want to over react but I don't want to be blown off as an idiot either. Thanks for reading what has become a rather lengthy post.

rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'd suggest you have it checked by a good alignment shop rather than an RV dealer. How are your tires wearing? That's the real telltale if you have any miles on the coach at all.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote