Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Montana_4510

M.O.C. #4510
2006 3295 Furnace won't light

Just went from Indiana to Tampa for a week to visit sis. When we stopped on the way down to sleep it was cold and went to light furnace. It seemed to light and get warm but went out later and would not re-light. I can't hear the igniter trying to light the burner. *****Prior to departure from Indiana I noticed the fan running all the time. I have only had this unit for four months so I am not well versed in all it's operations. Should the fan be running all the time? Even when I turn the switch under the thermostat off it still runs. I have tried unhooking all power (battery and 110) hoping it would reset the furnace but it won't even attempt to relight. I have both tanks full and turned on. Sure makes you feel stupid but I am at a lose. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, bcircus

Montana_4510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Which tank is in service? If it is the one on the opposite side from the regulator, try switching to the regulator side tank. (Look at the pointer on the regulator to tell which is in service).
Another thing to try is to close the tank valves, disconnect the pigtails. Then reconnect and very slowly open the tank valves. There are safety devices in the tanks that limit the flow in some cases. You did not say if other propane appliances are working normally, but I am assuming that they are. Problem with the furnace is that it requires much more gas than the other appliances, and will shutdown if the gas pressure is low.

Otherwise, I think you should get to a dealer for warranty service. If you are not near your home dealer, call Keystone Customer Service for directions to a nearby dealer (does not have to be Montana, any Keystone dealer should do).

The fan should not be running all the time.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:31 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Agree with Ontmont.

Try lighting the stove just to make sure you have good flow of propane. If not close the tank valves and open the lines. Close lines and slowly open the tank valves. Make sure the regulator is working properly. Sometimes they stick.

I have a hard time hearing the striker so have some one turn on the heater while your listening outside. You may have a bad striker board.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
running the stove top helps at times...sometimes the lp needs to be bleed out. as stated above, the furnace needs more to run. if there is any air in the system, it won't light. the fan is designed to run to remove any build up of fumes to prevent an overage of lp build up that could lead to other problems!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
bcircus,
We have a 2002 3295 and we had a bad igniter board on our furnace. Acted just like you stated except we were able to get the fan to stop. It took a long time for it to cycle but it finally did. Thankfully it was still under warranty. That was 3 years ago. Only trouble I've had with it since then has been "user" related. Got to keep those propane tanks full!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Low battery voltage will keep the furnace from lighting but the fan may still run. Our old Wilderness did that to us.

The fan should not run all the time. It should shut off when the burner area cools to a certain temperature. The fan will run until that point even if you shut off the furnace at the thermostat. It's just trying to not waste the heat. But if the furnace is supposed to light but isn't (as when the battery is low) then the fan may continue to run and blow cold air as our Wilderness did.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Make sure you have a good propane flow. I had ther same problem, the stove and fridge would work but the furnace wouldn't although the fan would run OK - the furnace needs needs a higher flow than the other appliances - I had a bit of a kink in the propane hose near the tank. I straightened it out and now everything is fine
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I was thinking the same as Steve. When I'm out of gas the fan will shut off after awhile. If your fan stays on without the furance I would have maintance check out your unit.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote