Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2005, 03:29 AM   #1
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
slide out leaks

Now that we have our A/C furnace taken care of I want to tell of our experience with getting our leaks fixed.
Our trailer was new in Oct. 2004, and we spent 2 months in Arizona beginning in Jan. 2005. We had lots of rain those two months and we found we had leaks in our dining and kitchen slides.
When we went home in the Spring we left our trailer with our dealer, for 4 weeks who thought the leaks were fixed. Ha! We then went to Michigan for the Summer and the leaks continued. Our dealer had our trailer for 3 more weeks this fall and didn't fix the leaks as they were still leaking when we started our Winter trip.
Keystone/Montana advised us of an authorized repair place in Texas and we took our trailer there to get these leaks taken care of. We left our trailer on Nov. 28 and he ordered new seals on Nov. 30. 2 weeks later he still didn't have the parts and we found out Montana lost the order. He then ordered the parts on Monday the 12th of Dec., overnight mail and they weren't shipped by that Wednesday. We picked our trailer up on Friday, the 16th and he still didn't have the parts. Our reservation, for the Winter, started Dec. 10th, so we were already late and it cost us more money, to boot.
We plan to take our trailer back there in the Spring and he is going to keep the parts until we get there. (that is if they ever send the parts)
I can't believe that Keystone/Montana can't follow through with an order. Yes, I know they receive lots of orders, but so do lots of places. There is obviously something wrong with their system.
It is so frustrating to try to get service and if it isn't the service person, it's the manufacturer that doesn't do anything and there is no recourse. They have our money and we have a leaky trailer!
If anyone has any ideas how to get better service or put more pressure on Montana , we would love to hear it.
Charles & Dolores

raucnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Call Keystone customer service ((574) 535-2100) and ask them about it. Have your vin handy. Others have had dealers claim Keystone lost the order and found out from Keystone they never received the order from the dealer. Dealers don't like to admit to their own mistakes. It could be Keystone in this case but I'd bet it's the dealer.

I've found if you are firm but polite with the Keystone customer service people they are very helpful. If you are not satisfied with the reply, ask to speak with a supervisor. If still unhappy, report back and let us know what's happening. Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
In this time frame that you are talking about I know for sure that Keystone has been moving to a new building and things have been in a mess. We all know what it is like to move into something new and cannot find anything.LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:15 AM   #4
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
Thank you for the responses.
You are correct about the moving and that was their excuse for losing the first order. But when it was ordered overnight mail on a Monday and not shipped by Wednesday afternoon, the reason was, "we get about 800 orders a day and we just file them"! I'm sorry, but that is not how you handle an overnight delivery. We talked to customer service and this is what they told us.
The first order was faxed and they lost it in the move. I think they need to "beef up" their shipping and order departments.
raucnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Hi raucnd...we do totally feel you pain.. as you know we did have the same problems with the A/C & Furnace coming on at the same time. Hopefully our's if fixed also, but we will see, we had the change out, but not the CCC yet. We have also had leaks but we think that they are fixed also....Keystone has been very good to work with for us and we do have a great dealer....Les
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote