Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2005, 03:12 AM   #1
bogusrose
Established Member

M.O.C. #4646
New Montana - where is galley vavle????

Just received our new 2006 3000RK Montana. Love it! But - the monitor says the galley tank is full = but we can't find the valve to empty the doggone thing. The black tank and grey water valves are inside the storage bin - no problem there. Please help - tech at dealers is useless - don't want to call him again unless we have to. Thanks for your help.
Road warriers (yeah, right)
Roger & Linda

bogusrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:33 AM   #2
Steve D

M.O.C. #3969
The pull t-handle should be located at or very near the sewer dump outlet.
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:41 AM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I have a 2980RK and the T handle is down low near the tires street side coming through the frame. Odd the dealer didn't go through basic things like that when you bought it???
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:58 AM   #4
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
It is well hidden behind and between the tires on the drain side. It is hard to see and get to with the slide out. Some people use the awning hook to open and close this valve. It takes a little practice but it can be done with the hook.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:57 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
It probably is not labeled either. Good idea to label it when you find it so others will know what the valve is for.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:26 AM   #6
Montana_1929
Established Member

M.O.C. #1929
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by drhowell

It is well hidden behind and between the tires on the drain side. It is hard to see and get to with the slide out. Some people use the awning hook to open and close this valve. It takes a little practice but it can be done with the hook.
Yep mine is between the tires on the left side. Also for operation with the slidw out I use an old sprinkler valve handle that I have bent the forked end at 90 deg. Works great...
Montana_1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:17 AM   #7
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
On our RK it is left side, rear, almost in line with the rear of the slide.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #8
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Yep, same with ours. The other two are quite well labelled in the basement, but the galley tank is very well hidden. If the service technician hadn't shown us where it was, we would have had the same problem. It is also a pain to get too once the slide is out.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #9
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Did you find it yet? If not, you have to get down and really reach between the street side tires. Like they said it is hard to find. My daughter had to get down on her hands and knees to find it. Once she did we were set.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:41 PM   #10
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bogusrose

Just received our new 2006 3000RK Montana. Love it! But - the monitor says the galley tank is full = but we can't find the valve to empty the doggone thing. The black tank and grey water valves are inside the storage bin - no problem there. Please help - tech at dealers is useless - don't want to call him again unless we have to. Thanks for your help.
Road warriers (yeah, right)
Roger & Linda
I just asked my husband where ours was, since it has to be open whenever I use my washer. He said our is where that little compartment is where you store the Sewer hose. We store our sewer hose in a plastic tub instead of in that sewer hose compartment.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:38 AM   #11
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Boy that is a whole nother issue. We found out the hard way that we had to have the tank open when we used the washer. Boy was that an experience!!
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #12
bogusrose
Established Member

M.O.C. #4646
Thanks everyone. I did finally find the valve. Good thing - my sinks were backing up. The fellow who delivered our new Montana did a good job considering the weather we have been having here in Jersey. We all looked like drowned rats and were exhausted moving from our 2004 Cougar into our Montana. But we're in and cozy and if it will just stop raining we'll be all set!! Thanks again for all your help
bogusrose is offline   Reply With Quote