Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2005, 03:57 AM   #1
Colden
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4400
Seal Tech Leak Finder

This was new to me so maybe it will help someone else.

Meyers RV in Hamburg NY has a unit called a Seal Tech. It somehow hooks to a roof vent and pressurizes the inside of your camper. Techs can then go around the outside with soapy water and find any leaks. The example I heard was that cracks in the front lamp lights were responsible for leaks over the couch. So, if you have a leak and can't seem to find where it's coming from, this may be of help.

My brother in law is going to get this done on his Class C . He has re-sealed a lot but is still getting leaks and doesn't know why. If you're interested in how it turns out, send me an email.

Jan.

Colden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:42 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Please let us know how here on the forum how this turns out. There are so many air leaks where pipes and wires come through I find this interesting. Are they going to seal the unit air tight? What is the cost of the test? I am sure the cost of sealing the coach depends on how many leaks they find.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #3
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I had this done on a Fleetwood I had. Lazy Days in Tampa did it. It worked, on ours, something like this: They hooked up this tube/hose to a roof vent; had all the doors, other vents, windows etc closed; turned on the air to the hose attached to the roof vent; gave it a few minutes and then a tech walked around the unit listening for the hiss of escaping air. The tech found the leak they had been looking for that we had brought the unit in 3 times prior for. All he did was listen for the air escaping and checked where it was coming from. They actually found a crack in our side wall at the top where the side was located using this method. Supposedly the techs had been over our unit several times with no luck before deciding to try the air hose method. After all the hassle/service (replaced side wall, bedroom floor and carpet) I asked the Service Rep why they didn’t just do this the first time in. All he could say was good question. Needless to say we now own a Keystone product and are much happier with the TT we now own.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
Colden
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4400
The cost is $99.00 plus tax and covers the test to find the leaks.

After they are found, I'm sure they'll quote on fixing them for you.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you Jeff. You'd think it would save them a lot of man hours to just do this first wouldn't you!

Jan.

Colden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I also had the test done on our rig.I had no leaks but just wanted them to preform the test for my peice of mind.Even though we bought new in 2004 it is a 2001 left over model.To my surprize no leaks where found.They used soapy water over the entire Montana.And no bubbles any where.It cost 90 bucks.I picked up the cost-Keysone from my understanding wasn`t to thrilled about this seal test.I was still at that time under warrenty.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote