Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
2008 3600RE Make only kitchen slide retract

Is there a way to make only the kitchen slide retract? I see a group of knobs near the hydraulics in the front storage. The previous owner has labeled them with masking tape. Do I just push those in or pull them out?

I'm chasing a leak which only occurs with heavy rain and wind. I have put silicone on every edge I can see and was hoping to eliminate the roof of the slide by retracting it when it rains. I have an awning over the slide and can't really get to that area. The water seems to be coming down inside the wall some way since it starts from the outter edge and comes inward when it leaks.

stungjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
without knowing which unit you have, I can only volunteer how mine work. There is an isolation knob for each of the slides and they turn to shut off.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rmthelen

without knowing which unit you have, I can only volunteer how mine work. There is an isolation knob for each of the slides and they turn to shut off.
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Mine are located with the panel for the level-up system. Hopefully, someone with your model will chime in. John
Old 10-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I couldn't get mine to work right until I talked to a Lippert tech at a National Rally. He advised me to turn them all past stop to lessen the pressure and then turn the one I want all the way to off. So far it's worked for me.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #6
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I couldn't get mine to work right until I talked to a Lippert tech at a National Rally. He advised me to turn them all past stop to lessen the pressure and then turn the one I want all the way to off. So far it's worked for me.
I'll try that, thanks.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rmthelen

Quote:

Thanks folks! I turned them all clockwise till they stopped. Then I turned the kitchen knob CCW a few turns. It never did actually stop so I figured it would probably come all of the way out and leak. So I stopped after a few revolutions and tried it. Sure enough the kitchen slide was the only one moving.

Speaking of leaking, the tray under the hydraulic manifold was full of fluid. I found out it takes ATF but just need to find where the fluid came from
Old 10-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If the knob is turning completely around something is wrong. Start with the tiny set screw on the knob it'self.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #9
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
Quote:

If the knob is turning completely around something is wrong. Start with the tiny set screw on the knob it'self.
the knob is turning the shaft because they all come to a definite/complete stop when screwing them in. It just felt like maybe if I continued to screw them outward (i. e. CCW) that the whole shaft and all would just come out. Maybe I just got skeered and it would have stopped but since I can pull in just the kitchen slide I will leave well enough alone for now.

Waiting on this next storm to hit tonight. I'm hoping by retracting the slide I eliminate the water leak, I'm thinking it's coming in along that seam on the roof of the slide. If not, then there's something I missed on the outer wall itself.