Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Dometic Comfort Controls

I picked up my 2015 3790RD a couple of weeks ago. Good unit. A few minor things to be fixed. No biggee. A biggee is the Comfort Control. I have the book memorized (at least is seems like it). I guess I need an engineering degree. I can't get it to work correctly unless it is in the factory default settings. I called the trouble number and they had no clue on what to do. Suggested that I use the factory defaults. Question: do you guys have the same problem with this control that I do? If not, can someone take an hour of time and shoot me a step-by-step of how to set the controls? I do understand if there are no takers because of the type of unit we have. I have used more propane since I picked up the unit on the 8th than I have used since March. Sorry for venting a little.

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:24 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
We have had no problems. The instructions are pretty simple to follow and I am sure you did exactly the same steps we do, straight out of the book. Recommend your dealer see it, and either make it work or declare it defective, and install a new one for you.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Mike, what are you trying to do with it that is giving you an issue? Mine came with operating instructions as well as a user's guide. Ours works well for what we do with it, control two ac's and furnace. So we set zone one to run furnace when temps are cold enough to use it or set to cool for ac use. Zone two, bedroom. Either off or cool and when we have both ac's on, we set temp of zone two a degree or two higher than zone one and that keeps it warmer in the bedroom instead of like a fridge. We don't use the program functions...we fulltime, but don't see any value to this functionality. Never used in our house when we still had one of those. John
Old 10-26-2015, 02:25 AM   #4
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

Mike, what are you trying to do with it that is giving you an issue? Mine came with operating instructions as well as a user's guide. Ours works well for what we do with it, control two ac's and furnace. So we set zone one to run furnace when temps are cold enough to use it or set to cool for ac use. Zone two, bedroom. Either off or cool and when we have both ac's on, we set temp of zone two a degree or two higher than zone one and that keeps it warmer in the bedroom instead of like a fridge. We don't use the program functions...we fulltime, but don't see any value to this functionality. Never used in our house when we still had one of those. John
We are also full time and do it like this. Has worked flawlessly for 4 years.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #5
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

I was trying to use the programming feature initially. I that is what messed up things initially. I do agree that the docs with the unit are pretty simply to use. I did note that they tell you what the controls do and do not actually walk you through the process. I thought I should be able to set the low for the furnace to turn on and the high for the ac to turn on and then set to auto and let it do its thing. It does not seem to work that way. I do have the unit set that way, however, it seems to work the furnace when I have it in the furnace mode and the ac in the ac mode. Does it not select what to do by temperature?
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote