Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Water coming in

So we had the worst winter in over 100 years, spring never really happened and the last few days we have had thunder, lightening and rain driven by a strong south wind. Just got our new Mountaineer home from the dealer, haven't even taken it out yet, but noticed water coming in under the fridge. I'm thinking it's coming in the fridge vent which is on the wall facing the driving rain. Will check it our more thoroughly when/if it stops raining.
I know the current weather conditions are a bit extreme but should this be happening.

Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Yes, the water could be coming in from the bottom of the frig vent. The ridge behind the vent cover on the bottom wall may not be high enough or there are gaps allowing water to enter the wall. Someone in the MOC community should have photos showing how to fix this problem using aluminum angles to plus up the height of the water barrier and seal the front and back of the area. This is what I did. Thought I had saved the post as I did this to solve the leaking in my unit but they are gone. Someone out there will have reference to the issue and get up with you. Since you are still under warranty, have the dealer fix the issue.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Basically, no it shouldn't be happening and with a brand new rig it's Keystone and the dealers problem to fix it and fix it right. Call Keystone customer service and take it back to the dealer.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
We have the same unit, and were on the road for five weeks on the Oregon and Washington coasts and were in several rainstorms on the beach,, with wind, and have not seen any water incursions - yet! Let the dealer deal with it while its still under warranty.

Send me a pm if you want to compare notes. We picked ours up in mid-March and have taken three trips.