Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
budbon
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10005
Settelite & TV wiring

I can't figure out the coak schematic on my 2010 2955RL. I am trying to hook up my dish receiver. There is one Coaak wall plate labeled "Sattelite/Cable. There is a second dual plate with a jumper coax from one to the other. Can anyone tell me where these dual coax connectors come from/go to?

From the "Sattelite/Cable" wall plate connector the coax goes to a splitter. From there one side goes to the sattelite receiver while the second side goes to the TV. From the sattelity receiver I connect to the TV thru an HDMI cable.

A sewccond issue. Using the antenna, my bedroom TV does not pick up all of the same stations as the main TV. Any clues?

budbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Bud,
Here is a drawing of what it should look like.

Does this match your setup?
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
The satellite/cable connection comes to the jumper cable in the cupboard below the TV On our 2008 2955 remove the jumper from the top coaxial connection and then run a cable to your Satellite Receiver. If you want Satellite in the bedroom you have to run a new cable to the bedroom. If you want Cable TV you leave the jumper on, turn off the amplifier in the bedroom closet off. To hook up the living room TV to cable the cable connection on the opposite wall from the jumper has to be hooked up to the TV. John's diagram is one of the few you will get for your trailer.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Bud, if you have the Jensen in the BR and Samsung in the LR, there is an interference problem from the Jensen that causes loss of some channels in the LR, at least it does on our 2010 2955. Had CW swap out the Jensen and didn't make any difference. Also be aware there are two splitters in the line from the antenna to the LR set, one in the wall behind the booster switch (splits between LR and Basement) and the second splitter behind the LR TV (splits between LR TV and Stereo) I eliminated the splitter for the basement and installed another dual coax wall plate and will manually jumper signal to the basement if needed. I also added a Radio Shack in-line amp behind the booster plate to help the signal overcome the loss of the splitter for the TV/Stereo. Hope I haven't totally confused everyone.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
RonT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9360
John's diagram is for for 2010 models build late in the model year. Mine was build in Jun 09 and still has the single sat/cable connection in the conv. center. For Sat. in the bedroom I leave the jumper in place by the main tv and then added a jumper in the bedroom so a signal could be taken off before the power booster. Both junpers must then be in place for cable. I then added a coax for the LR tv for sat. This was easy to do since all wiring comes up behind the desk in the 3400 and there was room in the conduit for another wire.
RonT is offline   Reply With Quote