Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
Our RV looks like it has been "Clear Coated"

Just finished applying a product called POLI GLOW to our 04 Montana
and am very satisfied with the results.
I have always waxed the unit before which takes some time and the results do not last long as the bugs take their toll on the front of the unit.
After applying PG to the unit the front and back have a very good sheen to the finish. The sides looked good before but have a better shine now. The company states that this finish should last a year and then you reapply a couple of coats to refresh it.
When you apply this you start out with a product called PolyPrep and after applying that you apply about 6 coats of Poli Prop. This sound like a lot of coats but you do a small area at a time and PG drys in about 1 minute so goes faster then you think. I used a small hand sprayer to put the product on the chamois applicator and that saved a lot of time.
You can "Goggle" PoliGlow and that should take you to a web site that will offer you free shipping. My total cost was $72.00 and if it last as well as they claim I will be very satisfied.
I only regret that I did not take some "Before and After" pictures.
THE KOUNTRY TRAVELER

kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks for the results of Poli Glow, I've been wondering if it's worth the money
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Did you apply to your decals?? Any warnings pro or con on the directions about decals???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
I called the company in Fl.before ordering and the person I talked to assured me that this product would not hurt or loosen the decals. Only time will prove that out. I was told that there is no petroleum in this product.
The KOUNTRY TRAVELER
kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Thanx for follow up Kountry traveler
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
dmacy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8921
I tried this product several years ago on an older unit I had. I had problems applying it without leaving streaks. It had a real shine for a year or so. After that it needed a touch up. If you have oxidation or fading it brings the gel coat back to life. Under close observation I could never eliminate the streaks. I would say it is worth the money but does have some drawbacks.
dmacy is offline   Reply With Quote