Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Little Rhody
Established Member

M.O.C. #7566
water leak in supply tube to H2O heater.

water is leaking from the rear end of the trailer when connected to city water supply. It's an '08 3295 (rear kitchen). We had mice visit during winter storage. My best guess is some chewing was done by the mice. Can anyone tell me the routing of the water supply hose/PEX from the connection station. I've already dropped the belly cover and the alum insulation. It looks like the PEX is routed above the belly area's but below the interior floor? Is the PEX anchored at any point? There is one cold water supply PEX to the H2O heater, which is Tee'd to then feed the kitchen sink. And there is the hot water PEX that goes to the front of the trailer. Can I pull out the damaged PEX with a new piece of PEX attached?? Sorry to ramble on.

Little Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
The water hose is sandwiched between the flooring boards and runs parallel with the heater duct to allow operation at zero degrees. It comes out back at the hot water heater and then runs to the kitchen sinks or back in the floor to the bathroom.
Hope the hole is above the floor.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
Here is a photo of the sandwich floor.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote