Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I feel better now Dave, thanks.

Bingo, A pocket door is made out of the same color fabric as the pants or shirt. It's sewn across at the top and covers the pocket where it is attached at the bottom with buttons or velcro.... oh never mind, its' too far off topic.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #22
ScottandBrenda
Established Member

M.O.C. #7752
Got my old vacuum breaker out. Right behind the door and the access panel where it should have been. Screwed on very tight. But I don't see how there's any way that it could have broken the way it did. NO pressure or banging around would have caused that kind of break. I think it was overtightened at the factory, cracked, and left in place anyway. I've found that about 40% or so of the screws and bolts that I've tested have been stripped. They must've have made parts of ours late in the day or something. . .There's no way I'm replacing that plastic vacuum breaker with the same part. What a cheapo. I'm buying a steel vacuum breaker with the same specs from my science equipment supply house. After I replace it on our unit I'm going to put a pipe clip on the tubing to hold it from slapping around loose in there.

Let's be honest here. Cuz it's hilarious. DO be sure to "close" the pocket door. I had the same embarassing problem Brad. But after I closed the door and took of the access panel again, I found it. HA! One Bachelor's Degree and TWO Master's Degrees here. And loads of factory experience of all different types. And an expert remodeler (they tell me) and tinker. But - my mind is getting stiff I guess. Getting old is GREAT!

I have no access panels anywhere around or in the shower or bathroom sink. Any other ideas where the grey water vacuum breaker is?

Scott
ScottandBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:23 AM   #23
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Bingo,

You have to forgive Brad, he gets a little carried away, sometimes even in a straight jacket .

A pocket door is a sliding door that goes into the wall, such as the door between the bedroom and the rest of your trailer.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:33 AM   #24
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thank you Lonnie. Brad, I forgive you with some reservations though!!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:15 AM   #25
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
After reading all through this about anti syphon valves decided to try once again to find out what is wrong with mine. Whenver I used the flush system there was a loud noise like water spraying on a wall behind the pantry. Never could find any leaks or sign of water. Yesterday opened up things and reach in to see if I could pull the valve closer for better inspection. WOW as soon as I touched the valve the noise stopped. It was touching the cabinet wall and the wall was a sounding board. Great relief followed.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks to all who were fooled by the "pocket door". I feel much better...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote