Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Water heater Monitor Light stays on??

We've used our Monty a few times so far, and the last two times I've run the Water heater on propane. I have noticed that the red light on the rocker switch stays on continually. Our past trailers the light would go off after the water heater is lit, and then only come on if the Heater didn't light the next time it was supposed to.

The water heater seems to work Ok, ( goes off & on as necessary )
Just the light always stays on.

Any thoughts?
Thanks John & Dawn

JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JH Sechelt

We've used our Monty a few times so far, and the last two times I've run the Water heater on propane. I have noticed that the red light on the rocker switch stays on continually. Our past trailers the light would go off after the water heater is lit, and then only come on if the Heater didn't light the next time it was supposed to.

The water heater seems to work Ok, ( goes off & on as necessary )
Just the light always stays on.

Any thoughts?
Thanks John & Dawn
John and Dawn, yes that is the way mine works on our 2955rl.
Enjoy,
Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
This has been discussed before, but in essence, the rocker switch light does stay on. There is an additional tiny red light between the two switches that indicates that the ignition circuit is on, or that there is a system fault.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Thanks,

I just went and looked, I did not notice that tiny little light before, I guess it hasen't been on yet
or I need a little stronger glasses.
Thanks again
J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am glad that the rocker switch stays on, I would more than likely forget the water heater is running on propane and drive off with the heater still running. Actually I did that once even with the red light being on, in too much of a hurry to get out of town before the storm hit.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote