Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 AM   #1
Diamond
Established Member

M.O.C. #715
Water Pressure

From time to time we loose the water pressure from the campground water to our rig. We have plenty of water pressure out of the campground faucet. I have taken off my pressure regulator and just used the hose from the campground faucet directly to the outside connection to the rig. Also, I have checked the wire trap at the outside connection on the rig and it is clean. I can turn the water off and leave it off for a hour or so and then it works fine. When we switch to our fresh water tank we had good pressure. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the problem?

Thanks,

Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
I used a water filter on my rigs for many years without incident and stopped because it was too much of a hassle. The one time I should have had a filter in place I did not. The CG that we were staying in lost water pressure and pulled the well in the middle of the night. Then did not flush the lines when the water pressure came back up and they pumped a combination of water and sand to the CG. Needless to say we got sand in our RV and it took some doing to flush it out and I'm not sure there could still be some lying in the low spots but my water system behaved the same that you are describing. Now it seems to be normal.

If you are getting good pressure without the regulator I would look at replacing it. I have found that installing the regulator in the vertical position when there is space available at the faucet works better than in the horizontal position or even when it is placed next to the rig.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
We kind a have this problem, When I'm hooked up to the hose I dont have that good of pressure in the monty, But I do have it on the hose. When I run the pump I have great pressure. I wonder if I'ts in the connection, I'll have to pull the panel off in the basement and check it out.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We also have this problem. If any of you find a cure for it please post it.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The only thing I can think of is the one-way valve in the city water connector. If you remove the screen/washer you'll see a button. The base of that button has an o-ring that can get knocked out of place. It can block water flow and I suppose it could move around and sometimes block and other times not.

This o-ring can get knocked out of place two ways I know of (have done both). One is when using air pressure to clear the lines for winterizing, if you use too much air pressure.

The other way is if you get a hard freeze and have not relieved the pressure (and removed the water) by pushing that white button or removing the line from the back side of the connector (from inside the rig).

I can't think of anything else that would cause the symptoms you describe but that o-ring would sure do it and has to me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I had a similar problem. I would put the pressure regulator at the faucet then the hose to the trailer. What I did not say to start is the campground faucet had an anti-back flush valve on the faucet. The pressure regulator did not allow the valve to completely open. Now I put the hose on the faucet (yep blew one hose, poor connectors) then the pressure regulator on the hose and hook to the trailer.
Hope this helps. Good luck and Tow Safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
One other thing that could be the problem is the check valve that is in the pluming design. I know my hot water heater has to check valves that prevents water from flowing backward in the system. I was getting hot water in my cold water lines and found they forgot to install a check valve in the hot water feed line. The check valves could also go bad or get partially blocked thus reducing water pressure.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote