Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
Dcross

M.O.C. #19969
Slide out issue

We are full timers. This morning while packing up to moving to a new destination my wife started bringing in the living area slide there was a loud bump and the slide out quit moving. She took it back out and tried again and the same thing happened only the slide out bumped then stated closing successfully.
We got to our new destination and when attempting to open this same slideout we again got a loud bang and it quit opening. Closed it and tried again and got the same result. It only opens about 2 inches.
We have a 2016 High Country 293RK.

Dcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
bad99ram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18650
Just a suggestion to check the rollers underneath the slide if it is possible to see them. May have to run it out that 2 inches if possible
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Look over top of the slide inside. Are all of the cables on their rollers? Check outside and behind the slide for the same thing. Is the electric motor or the worm gear broke.
The cable slide system is a similar system. There isn't many things that can go wrong. Look close and you will probably find it. This really sounds like a cable or roller problem and not a problem with the motor or gear.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
Dcross

M.O.C. #19969
Thanks so much for your responses. I have also received very similar suggestions from other sources and it has eased my mind somewhat. I will look into them. We are making arrangements to take the 5th wheel in for service at one of our near destinations. We are able to continue living in it with minimal inconvenience except unable to reach everything in the pantry.
Thanks again for the responses. I am glad I registered with this group.
Safe travels everyone.
Dcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Look for the easiest fix first...under and around the slide that could have caused the problem.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote