RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2021, 08:27 PM   #61
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Well itís been 36 hrs since we got our shot. My wife had a slight headache but it went away. Our arms were sore but nothing you canít stand. Our biggest concern was my wifeís allergies and immune system. They werenít going to give th shot to her but she had to talk to a nurse on the phone. She recommended checking with her doctor, but we already had and he said to definitely get it. If you have a chance to take it I suggest to do it. Itís not going to kill you, or spend the rest of your life like an ostrich. Rich, are you coming to Florida at all this year.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:04 AM   #62
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
hey it is not the first shot that gets you it is the second one. If your wife had a headache from the first she may get a migraine after the second. I am not trying to discourage, just giving a heads up of what I have read to expect.

My wife has an autoimmune disease and she has a Dr Appointment Wednesday. Before she gets the vaccine w2e want to make sure it is safe for her.
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:07 AM   #63
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
When someone gets their shot let us know how it went. That way the rest of us will know what to expect.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:27 AM   #64
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Going to wait a little while til they get the system working better. Depending on which vaccine, you are supposed to get the second shot either 3 weeks or 4 weeks after the first. But around here it is still difficult to get the first one. And then hard to get the second in the 3 to 4 week time frame. Haven't heard anyone say what the consequences are if you can't get the 2nd within some defined amount of late time.

2007 3075RL
2012 F350 SRW CC LB FX4 6.7
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:34 AM   #65
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Bill the way I understand it is the first shot will give 70 or 80% immunity the second shot ups that to 95%. They don’t know how long the immunity will last with one shot but it’s not as long as with two shots. England is discussing only giving one shot now to stretch supplies and the second sometime later. The drug companies are discouraging this because that hasn’t gone through trails.
Lynwood
Old 01-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #66
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
My wife and I got the Moderna (sp?) shot this morning--first one, of course. Will get the second in 4 weeks. The appointment and procedure in Tyler, Texas was first rate. Everyone was helpful and friendly and it was all done, including the 15 minute wait after the shot, in less than an hour.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #67
CT Wanderer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19250
My wife and I will definitely get our vaccine as soon as we are allowed to. We will get it to protect us and our family and for the general population. For this vaccination program to beat back this Corona Virus threat there has to be a majority of the population vaccinated to stem the spread.

It is a personal choice whether you feel comfortable to get it but please consider others around you in that decision.

I lost a good friend to the virus this week. If he had been able to get the vaccination I could look forward to seeing him again. Sadly not going to happen.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #68
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I lost a good friend to the virus this week. If he had been able to get the vaccination I could look forward to seeing him again. Sadly not going to happen.

Sorry about your friend. You never know who will have a very mild case and who will have a very bad case.
We lost a friend’s wife last week. Piggy Wells wife. Piggy as the name suggest is what I call an American original. There aren’t many of them cherish them.
Stay safe as you can.
Lynwood
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #69
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Ok GP directed us to her Rheumatologist. Answer was he is recommending all get the vaccine with the exceptions based on the medications you are taking for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:36 AM   #70
JEROME
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22972
Got my shot yesterday NO problems thank Goodness. Jerome & Judy PS leaving for Key Largo 6 AM tomorrow. see you later Alligator !
JEROME is offline   Reply With Quote