Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #1
8amps
Established Member

M.O.C. #19940
Considering 3950BR, looking for feedback and PDI information

Hi, we are looking to purchase the mid bunk model tomorrow. Is not our first fifth wheel but would be first Montana. We are full timers so hoping to catch as much as we can during PDI - any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.
8amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
catskiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9253
Film & record the pdi!
catskiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:15 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Arrange with the dealer to remain on site for night or two, with fresh water tank filled and electric. Use and check everything. Don't pull off the dealership until you are satisfied with any required fixes. Before this forum was reformatted, there was an excellent PDI checklist available, hopefully still available, I cannot find it, maybe someone else can tell you how to get to it. If you have some RV experienced friends close by, another set or two of eyes always helps. Congrats on the new rig.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
2X that. My frig quit the very next day. Good thing I was still on the lot. Stayed there for 5 days just to be sure they got everything.

Check the tires be sure you don't leave with Marathons or Trail Kings on the rig. Bevsure to post here what tires you have on the rig and get some input for MOC members.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
8amps
Established Member

M.O.C. #19940
Hi Thanks for the info. We got the rig and did a very thorough PDI and stayed two days at a campground nearby to try everything out. We had a Heartland Bighorn before so it's not our first fifth wheel, but first new one and first Montana and a lot on the old one, we learned the hard way.

We are full-timers, based in Nevada but currently in Houston, TX for a few more weeks.

We brought it back Monday to dealership, they fixed most everything on our list. So far, we love it. Quite a bit less storage in the kitchen BUT we got the mid-bunk which I am LOVING as my office so it's been a good trade-off.

I will make another post, but so far all is good (4 days in) except for two things: our slide button on the opposing Living Room slides (hydraulics) stays deployed when you let go, I have to manually move it to the neutral position. I noticed this and the dealership said they replaced the switch, but it still does that. The other thing is we got a fair amount of water (1 cup or more) that came out of the bedroom AC. I noticed it dripping in our 2 test nights, and the dealership removed the AC, resealed the vent box (I have pictures if anyone wants to see) and said that would solve that. However, once we got to our next stop and set up (and turned on the air), a bunch of water drained out. Hasn't done it since and it was raining on our trip back to Texas - is this normal or not? We didn't have bedroom AC in previous 5er.

In the meantime, I LOVE THE AUTOLEVEL!!!!

Thanks for the welcome and we look forward to being part of this forum and the MOC. We loved the forum and rallies with Heartland (cousins through Thor, I guess). Really enjoying some of the new features on our 3950BR that our Bighorn didn't have.

Mary & Phil
8amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
stolfa

M.O.C. #19787
Greetings - We too have a 3950BR - bought it about a month ago. Have had a issue with water coming out of the cold air return door side in the living room. Would like to see what pics you have regarding the bedroom AC unit. Thanks ...
stolfa is offline   Reply With Quote