Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2022, 10:15 PM   #21
Flying Dutchman
Established Member

M.O.C. #25148
Hi Ron. Yes we do on our 2017 RAM 3500. It has the pressure sensor system like your vehicle, but the TPMS tells us more than just pressure. As you may know, it monitors both high & low pressures, temperatures, as well as any fast leaks. The system sounds a piercing audible alarm for any of those conditions. For the fiver I have flow through sensors and for the truck I opted for the non- flow through style. The system has detected a fast leak and one blowout on the camper, and also a fast leak on the truck for us in the past two years of travel. It may seem redundant but I feel it's worth it my friend.

Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:27 PM   #22
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Got a 2020 GMC SIERRA denali 2500 about a year ago.

Previously used a TST on the TV and trailer.

New vehicle has the ability to monitor Trailer pressure and temperatures as well, so we had a set of OEM (GMC) sensors installed along with an external rear camera as part of the purchase of the new truck. Info for trailer is on a different screen than for the truck but both show temp and pressure and have alarms.

after reading this thread I think I will break out the TST and install a sensor on both spares and check remotely from time to time.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote