Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2004, 03:13 AM   #1
Montana_2416

M.O.C. #2416
Montana model 3295RK

My wife and I are considering upgrading to the Montana 3295RK. This would be our 4th trailer and the second 5th wheel. Our current trailer is of the same size. My question will be about the road dynamics with the rear kitchen in this Montana Model. Our second trailer(a 26' travel trailer) had a rear kitchen and I had a real bad time with heave, which as you can imagine shuffled our stuff in the cabinets. I know that a 5th wheel has very little sway on the road, however, I have encountered some heave(very little) on the 5th wheel that we have currently. Can anyone give me some feed back on this potential problem before we put our money on the table? Off coarse the dealer says it is "no Problem".
Thank you
Pete

Montana_2416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:30 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Welcome to MOC! We too have a 3295RK and love it ... we've been full-timing in it since March of 2003. Your timing is great since there's currently an on-going thread about rear kitchens and potential problems. If you'll go to General Discussions and then go to General, you'll find the thread "Rear Kitchens." Most, if not all, of the posts are from owners of the 3295. We all love this model!

Again, welcome and don't be afraid to jump in. There's some fun stuff going on in "Sitting by the Campfire" if you like that kind of stuff.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Pete. If you have any questions not answered by that thread Vicki refers to, feel free to email her or me. Just click on the envelope icon above our posts. As Vicki says, we love our 3295RK. A few minor, unobtrusive, precautions are in order but that's about it. Your dealer was pretty close to correct, from our experience.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:04 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome aboard and I know you will enjoy your new Montana. Keep us posted. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:57 AM   #5
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
We also have a 3295 that we are pulling with a GMC 2500 Duramax/Allison. We don't have any problems either with sway or "heave". (The exception is certain highways such as I-10 in Alabama, Miss, and Louisiana)

Of course, I may simply be feeling the smoothness of this ride as compared with pulling a travel trailer (five different ones) over the last 20 years. We like our unit, two drawbacks in our case though -- one is that the kitchen table is not accessible without extending the slide, and there is space only for one recliner. The hide-a-bed was a bit uncomfortable for sitting, so we are in the process of replacing it with a leather loveseat. The little extra room provided by that will give a bit of access to the kitchen table when the slide is in.

All in all, we are happy with our unit, loving the "privacy" of the cooking area and the desk tucked in the back.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:50 AM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Pete, Welcome to the MOC. We too have the 3295RK and love it. No problems with things in the cabinets, etc. Just take a few precautions when stowing things before heading down the road. Haven't really heard of anyone with the 3295 who has had any problems. Good luck in whatever you decide. You are considering a great unit!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:05 AM   #7
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
We also have a 3295rk and love it, the only problem we have had is stacking cup they tend to tip over thats why we use plastic, You did not say what you have for a tow vehicle but we don't even know the monty's back there when towing, good luck if you deside to upgrade. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Karl, there's four bolts holding the table to the floor. We took those out and tossed them in a drawer. Then when you are preparing to hit the road you can just turn the table sideways. That allows you to get in there with slide in. There's not a lot of room to sit down and eat but you can get to the cabinets, etc. that way. We just laid a throw rug over the top of the table, hanging over the edge, in case the table wanted to bang into the wall while on the road. Never had any problems with it that way.

Since doing the above we saw what RC & Samantha did in theirs and copied them. We moved the dining table to by the curio cabinet where the lounge chair is and moved the chair to where the table used to be. We've had it this way since August and really like it this way. Sounds odd but once we saw it in the real we knew we wanted the same change. Two other couples we know made the same change after seeing ours. I don't know if they kept it that way or changed it back.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #9
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Good thoughts, Steve and Vicki. I will try the same...especially after I get the leather loveseat we ordered through my son's store. I just heard that it was delivered to the store today.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:37 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Karl, if you find you don't really like that leather loveseat, I bet we could find a place for it in our rig!