Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
sabeaulieu
Established Member

M.O.C. #8582
mission tires

i was on my to fl. from ma' and had a blowout my tread peel like a
banana i would like to know if there is any recalls on the mission
tires.

sabeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
There are may threads on Mission tires. No recall but Tireco knows about them. Keep the tire and contact them. They have been good about replacing them. Bill and Lisa and Jaybird both had blow outs on their way to the Fall Rally. They should come on with better contact information.
Watch the rest of your tires. Look at the tread as it rolls, look for bubbles (inside and out).
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Look at the DOT week and year of manufacture. Tires are only good for about 5 years of shelf life.

Most of us have replaced the missions. I did so with less than a 1000 miles on the ones that came with my 3400RL. DOT was 1099 - 10th week, 1999.

Edited: As John said, call Tredit and see if you can get replacements.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I just went through the the bomb thing. Replaced all five Missions. Tireco will want them back. They had UPS at my residence in East TX before I ever got the claim filed. However, I haven't heard anything since filing a claim. I'll give them another month, then shoot them another letter.

Only way I would watch those Missions is while the tire man is removing them. Way too much chance of tearing the RV up.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
You need to call Tireco and they will ship you new tires and pick up the old ones (for analysis) after the fact. It keeps the tires from being shown to someone else like the NTSB. The number for Tireco is in the OEM phone list on the home page of the forum.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Lisa

You need to call Tireco and they will ship you new tires and pick up the old ones (for analysis) after the fact. It keeps the tires from being shown to someone else like the NTSB. The number for Tireco is in the OEM phone list on the home page of the forum.
My Missions are still in my garage after replacements were sent my way a year ago. They never picked them up so if someone needs evidence....
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
zduo

M.O.C. #9132
I have a 07 360RLQ Big Sky. In the past 18 months I have gone through all five Mission tires (three blowouts and two sidewall bubbles). After two of the replacement tires blew (one blowout and one 3x6 inch chunk missing from sidewall) I trashed all remaining TIRECO tires and bought 5 Michelin (LT235/85R16) tires from Discount Tire. For what the Big Sky costs, why did keystone use such CHEAP Chinese tires. If you imply your product to be the best of the best, why not use the best tires???
zduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We never had any problems with our Mission tires but replaced them at @ 12K miles anyhow.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Brenda

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Lisa

My Missions are still in my garage after replacements were sent my way a year ago. They never picked them up so if someone needs evidence....
Same here never did pick up the old tires.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #10
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Get your remaining tires inspected. When we had the blow out the other tire on the same axle had a bubble and the remaining tires were checked and found to have stress point. I had all the tires replaced with a LT tire. Tireco paid me for the four tires. However, it was what their tires was worth. Better to get something than nonting.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
soonerhooligan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9086
Here we go again on Mission Tires. Z-Duo I totaly agree. Why are the RV builders(not just Keystone) using unsafe tires on their products? Why does the NTSB allow this junk to be imported into the US and put people at risk? Why don't we as consumers demand the dealers and Keystone get rid of these tires?
My personal experiance with Mission was short lived. As soon as I found an un-repairable leak on one and the spare had a grapfruit size bubble on it, off they came. Ordered Michelin Ribs the next day. I will tell you, if I were trading in my "07" 329RL for an "10", I would not leave the dealer with any tire made in China. I hope that someone from Keystone reads the MOC. Do some thing for your loyal customers, put good quality tires on your product. Pass the cost on to us, we will pay for safe tires.
soonerhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote