Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
Slushfund
Established Member

M.O.C. #20474
Plumbing

2003 2955 RL

First off I really love my 5th wheel....Have enjoyed upgrading and modifying.

I recently had to replace my water pump...that was a blast, wedging my 6'4" 295 lb body under the sink into the dark nether regions. But it's done and working. Now I have another issue. I have a full water tank. When I pressure up the water lines via the pump, I have water leaking out the hose bib. I figure my water check valve is failing. Now the question. Where is this one way check valve? Is it part of the hose bib fitting or located somewhere else. I have tried searching this site but failed...

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Lost in Northeastern Utard...

Slushfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The check valve is part of the hose bib input in the access panel on the rear driver's side. It sometimes can stick. It is easy to access (compared to the water pump).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #3
Slushfund
Established Member

M.O.C. #20474
Thanks for that help...now I have to figure out how to remove the water bib/check valve connector. I have gotten the panel loose that it's mounted on. But I don't see how to remove the connector. If someone has some experience with this...maybe a photo is in order.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Don't have a photo, but on mine you unscrewed the connection on the back side of the convienence center and then took out the three screws in the the convienence center and it pops out. Replace it with a brass one if you can.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
Take the inlet screen out of the connector, then push on the stem in the middle of the connector behind the screen. Stand to the side, as it will spray out all over. Do that a few times to clear any debris that may be allowing the water to leak out.
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
Slushfund
Established Member

M.O.C. #20474
pictures

Here are a couple of pictures of the connector ... almost looks like it was pressed on...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water 1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	7350   Click image for larger version

Name:	water 2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	7351  
Old 09-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #7
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
Yep. That’s the “old school” inlet connector. The check valve is built into that fitting. Like I said, pop the screen out & you’ll see the stem of the check valve in there. Looks like your fitting is held in there with some Dicor or some other type of caulk/adhesive. Maybe just a white grommet, hard to tell by the pictures. You should be able to pop it out of there with a little help from a heat gun or the wife’s hair dryer. Replace with the newer style that is brass with a 3 screw flange around it. Might need to use machine screws with nuts on the back side.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #8
Slushfund
Established Member

M.O.C. #20474
FIXED!!!

I did as Tom suggested....pressured up the water circuit, removed the brass strainer of the water bib. Then pressed the center pin of the check valve. Let the water blast out (took a shower)...repeated 3 times... and hocus pocus no more leaking issue of the hose bib.

I wanted to thank all of you for your comments. And you were right on Tom

——-lost in Northeastern Utard / Slushfund
Old 09-23-2020, 07:43 PM   #9
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
Glad it worked for you. Doesn’t take but a grain of sand to get trapped in the seal to let it leak. I’ve gotten the same shower a few times myself.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #10
Slushfund
Established Member

M.O.C. #20474
Tnx

I had noticed the bump inside at the rear...never realized what it was. Tnx
Old 09-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #11
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Part of my winterization on our 2955 is to pop that screen and push that button (with the water pump OFF) and the water releases from that line into the tank, and won't freeze.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #12
lmf580
Established Member

M.O.C. #20058
Plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushfund View Post
2003 2955 RL

First off I really love my 5th wheel....Have enjoyed upgrading and modifying.

I recently had to replace my water pump...that was a blast, wedging my 6'4" 295 lb body under the sink into the dark nether regions. But it's done and working. Now I have another issue. I have a full water tank. When I pressure up the water lines via the pump, I have water leaking out the hose bib. I figure my water check valve is failing. Now the question. Where is this one way check valve? Is it part of the hose bib fitting or located somewhere else. I have tried searching this site but failed...

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Lost in Northeastern Utard...
I have an 2002 2955RL. The inlet check valve is in the hose bib. Over in the far rear corner behind the swivel rocker there is a angled piece against the wall (carpeted) there are 2 screws in that. The water line and tank fill are under that . Easey to get to . I don't think the check valve is removable. I had to replace the water inlet unit. Hope this helps.
lmf580
lmf580 is offline   Reply With Quote