Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #21
dallasrules
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26856
I still can't find the galley tank dump valve

I have a 2003 Montana 3655 fl 5th wheel. There are two dump tank valves inside of a compartment. The front most valve is the black tank. I am assuming the rear valve is the gray. Inside, my lights show black, gray, and galley. The gray shows empty, and we haven't been using the shower, just the bathroom sink a little. The galley shows 1/2. Pulling the back dump valve does dump anything. So I am assuming I have a galley dump valve somewhere, but I can't find it. I think the sensor is correct because we have been washing dishes. I have looked under the slides on both sides and around the wheels, and just can't find it.

Does anyone have or has had a similar model? Please help.

dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The "third" tank has tripped up many members. Yes you have a third tank for the the galley. No it is not controlled by the valves in the pass through compartment. It has a separate pull handle on the driver's side somewhere along the frame area. It may come through the frame or it may come out through the coroplast.

Most likely the handle and the pull rod have come off and you get to find where they should be. One sure way, albeit not the easiest, is to lower the coroplast at the point of the existing sewer line exit. You should see an 1.5" (2"??) pipe coming from the rear and plumbed into the sewer exit pipe. Follow that pipe rearwards, lowering the corolast as necessary, until you find the dump valve. That is where the pull rod and handle should connect.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:55 AM   #23
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
That the front pull is for the black tank can only be verified by your own trial. I swapped locations when I replaced the valves for a straighter, more even cable run. I actually drilled a new hole in the particle board to achieve that smoother run, plugging the original hole with a snap in plug from eBay along with adding new labels
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #24
dallasrules
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26856
Yep. Verified. Still can't find the galley valve.
dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #25
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Follow the drain plumbing. You'll find the valve.