Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Chief726

M.O.C. #26478
Andersen Hitch (Roto-Flex) Lockout Kit (pics)

Wanted to share my installation of the Andersen Hitch “Roto-Flex” pin box lockout kit. Took about 20 minutes for this added security.

BTW- I have the identical Road Armor pin box..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6A75C934-F87D-459D-B4D0-9EFDF3F9FFFD.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	7884   Click image for larger version

Name:	13E25612-FDE3-428B-A8AE-EFB6F15AE242.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	7885   Click image for larger version

Name:	3AA7960B-BD94-4CFE-A63E-C7F618BAFD55.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	7886  
Chief726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief726 View Post
Wanted to share my installation of the Andersen Hitch “Roto-Flex” pin box lockout kit. Took about 20 minutes for this added security.

BTW- I have the identical Road Armor pin box..
I will be interested if you can report back on how well this works for you. My concern is that the lockout kit has removed the dampening effect that the Roto-Flex pin box may have provided. But, it still may be ok; either way I'm curious.

Thanks!
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:03 PM   #3
Bwbags

M.O.C. #25804
That setup is the same that I had. The lockout kit does prevent the pinbox from flexing... thus why I mentioned (in the other thread) that I would just look for a cheaper “solid” pinbox. Before I installed the lockout kit, the pinbox had a tilt in it, (best way I can describe it). In other words it didn’t sit level on the AUH. I didn’t like the way it sat on there... looked like it wanted to slide off the back. (Not really, but it made me uncomfortable to look at it, LOL). The lockout kit stopped it moving - that is literally its job- to stop the flex. The AUH was the best ride, the goosebox was right behind it though.

Are you not concerned about lippert denying warranty on your rig if, God forbid, you developed that Frame flex issue that seems somewhat pervasive on our rigs? Because I think running that AUH setup can be grounds for denial.
Bwbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwbags View Post
That setup is the same that I had. The lockout kit does prevent the pinbox from flexing... thus why I mentioned (in the other thread) that I would just look for a cheaper “solid” pinbox. Before I installed the lockout kit, the pinbox had a tilt in it, (best way I can describe it). In other words it didn’t sit level on the AUH. I didn’t like the way it sat on there... looked like it wanted to slide off the back. (Not really, but it made me uncomfortable to look at it, LOL). The lockout kit stopped it moving - that is literally its job- to stop the flex. The AUH was the best ride, the goosebox was right behind it though.

Are you not concerned about lippert denying warranty on your rig if, God forbid, you developed that Frame flex issue that seems somewhat pervasive on our rigs? Because I think running that AUH setup can be grounds for denial.
No I haven't been concerned.
I have not heard that the AUH would be cause for denial, but just in case I have sent an email to Lippert to ask. We will see what they say.

Also, Anderson claims that the AUH does not void any manufacturers warranty and they add their own $5 million supplemental warranty to cover any damage to the pin box or frame that is denied by the dealer or manufacturer.
https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...-warranty.aspx

Now, as to the "Frame flex issue that seems somewhat pervasive on our rigs", can you elaborate? I'm new to Montana's and haven't heard it discussed recently on this forum, so please share what concerns there are.

Thanks!
Brad