Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
RECLINER

I WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON THE RECLINER IN OUR 2007 3400RL FIFTH WHEEL. THEY FALLING A PART YOU CAN'T SET IN THEM WITH FALLING TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER. I FEEL WHEN YOU PAY SO MUCH FOR SUCH A NICE FIFTH WHEEL AS THE MONTANA YOU WOULD GET A PAIR OF GOOD RECLINER.

Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Mine was a piece of junk, replaced with LazyBoy.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ours are great and still great after 2 years. We love them. I think the vendor must change from time to time or maybe the color scheme makes a difference.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
One of our recliners wouldn't recline or decline correctly. While we were at the fall rally we mentioned our dissatisfaction at the factory tour. The furniture supplier was present. Long story shorter-he replaced the bad chair with a brand new recliner. Our Mountaineer was only 3 months old. Great service-they even brought this chair out to where we were all camped.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 AM   #5
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ours work great, two minutes maximum and I am asleep, the sofa could be six inches longer though. I have to put my feet between the two dining chairs........Pete
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:04 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We only have one recliner in the 3400.It is 9 months old and gets a lot of use. Helen loves it..I don't and don't think I have been in it 3 times. Mechanically the chair is holding up ok. The upholstery is not the best and is already showing some wear.Remember these are RECREATIONAL VEHICLES, designed for recreational use..you can not compair them to a LazyBoy. When our wears out or breaks we will get a better one since we are long timing and use it as it was not intended to be used.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:43 AM   #7
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
We would like to swap out the sofa for a couch with two wall hugger recliners, anyone tried this? If so what kind did you buy.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We ordered our Montana without recliners and are thinking of buying Flexsteel rv recliners. We did not care for the Keystone recliners
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #9
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
The recliners in our 3650RK are Flex-steel, swivel, rocker, recliner with foot rest. They are so heavy that I took an idea from "Ozz" and put four coaster on the swivel. Much easier to move them around now.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Our chairs were very comfortable but so heavy that I just could not move them back when we traveled. The couch does not fit across the back in our 3475 so we got two lazy boy rocker-recliner-swivel chairs in a nice mauve color that brightened up the living room a lot. We could not get the wall hugger if we got the swivel and Bill just loves to swivel around and look out that big back window. We love them. We had Lazy Boy take our original chairs and donate them to charity. We did all this when we were in Arizona last winter and it was so funny when we pulled the Tana to the Lazy Boy showroom. They had a couple of workers come in the Tana to remove our old chairs and the next thing we knew there were seven people helping bring the new chairs in. Seems they told their co-workers about the fireplace etc and they all wanted to see. None of them had ever been inside an RV before and they just loved it.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:56 AM   #11
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We took all the Rv funiture out, swivel rockers amd couch. After owning three 5th wheel we determined that the funiture that comes with the 5th wheel are just to heavy and not comfortable. Called Keystone and got the price of replacement and donated it to Goodwill and wrote it off our Taxes. We now have all Lazy Boy recliners and a glider rocker chair. And have no couch, all three we have owned were not very comfortable, and of poor design and quality. We are looking into a Love seat type wall hugger recliner. More room and don't have to move it back and forth when moving. Just our choice, others are different. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:38 AM   #12
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Ours have worked fine...so far.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We have only had our new rig four weeks but so far the recliners are working well. Some of you have met me and you know I am a big man. Six foot tall and 325 pounds and these recliners are very comfortable and stable for my frame. As someone else pointed out I am asleep within a few minutes. When I am watching TV I am always in the recline postition and if I am not careful I will be asleep before the movie or program ends. I cannot understand anyone saying these recliners are not comfortable but than again we all have our own opinions as to what we consider comfortable. Back in the days of the stickhouse I had LazyBoys that were more uncomfortable than the recliners that came with our new Monty.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Delaine& Lindy's post about removing all the RV furniture sort of grows on me. Never though about asking if that could be done although I do know you could order it without recliners. Order a 3400 without the mattress, sofa, recliners, Dinning table and chairs then furnish it to your individual liking . I am sure it would be way more expensive to do that but the idea appeals to us. I can see us replacing most of this stuff anyhow due to the increased wear and tear it gets long timing. Have already replaced the mattress. We saw a 3400 in a salvage yard that attempted to go under a overpass that was about 3 inches to low. Everything was gone on the inside and it was huge without the furniture.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #15
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I think (IMHO), that recliner comfort is directly related to the size of the person using it. Some seem to be a better fit for large people and some for smaller folks. I have one in my stick home that my wife loves and I can't stand to sit in it. I also think a new recliner needs to be "broke in" before it gets really comfortable. My wife and I agreed that we will not change anything out in our new 3400 the first year (unless, of course, the mattress is just too uncomfortable). Just my 2 cents.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #16
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
One of our recliners was torn when we picked up our Monty. They changed the torn chair out for another one that was on the lot. (Here's hoping the people that bought that unit looked over every thing during their PDI)

The chair that was exchanged for our torn chair fits me ok. I have a bad neck and back. I took back a new Tahoe that I had purchased because of the presure that it placed on my neck area. The Tahoe didn't have driver adjustable seats. I drove the Tahoe home and had fits with my neck that night, called the dealership up the next morning and brought it back and exchanged it for a more expensive model. If we had two original chairs in the Monty I would be tossing one of them because the recliner hits me wrong. It throws my neck into a position that causes pressure on a disk.

Pparamore, well stated that one size doesn't fit all. We are short people. I am 5'6" and hubby is 5' 5" last time we were measured. Not a happy camper when your feet can't touch the floor when you are sitting in the chair. I will not state my weight on the internet

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Colleen--You are not really short people! Now Pat on the other hand is REALLY short people. She comes in at 5'1" on a good morning (and NO she will not publish her weight on the Internet either!). She probably sat in the recliners in our 2004 2980 about 5 times. Her legs dangled like Alice Ann's when the chair was up and her chin was forced down onto her chest so she couldn't breath when the chair reclined. She was a miserable camper and so was Bill when she sat in those things. NOT having the recliners in the rig was a requirement for the order of our 3400RL. We will be replacing with a different aftermarket recliner. What we have to remember is that generally the furniture is designed to fit Mr. and Mrs. Average Buyer. If anyone has ever met these folks, we'd love to hear about them.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bill, I know the FAA considers the average weight of a passenger at 170 lbs. Haven't seen that since the 80's..
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #19
pkolson
Established Member

M.O.C. #4029
The first thing we did when we got our new 3400RL was to take those huge chairs out of there and put them in our rec room where they sit unused. We moved the couch to the rear under the window and put in a Laz-e boy for me and a wooden rocker for Larry (his back requires a really good straight design). It works great and we do not have to struggle to move those giants when we are ready to roll.
pkolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #20
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I havent had any trouble with mine yet.only thing they seem too low and have trouble getting out of them..{see glenns prv. post }
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote