Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
Will & Lisa

M.O.C. #32034
Red face which leaf spring bolts?

Hello all; I'm new to the MOC and this is my first 5'er. I just noticed I am missing one leaf spring bolt. I have a 2016 Montana 3790RD with the Correct Track system and the LRE4100. I'd assume this topic has been beaten to death, but I appreciate your input.
I have been to etrailer.com but am getting conflicting advice. Google seems to be no help either, nor is MorRyde.com or Lippert.com.
I don't have a slipper spring system, it's a double eyed leaf spring set up. We are leaving for Mississippi soon, so I'd like to get this bolt (several for spares I should think?) ordered and put on sooner than later. Oh, and the yellow octagon(hexagon?) piece that accompanies the leaf spring bolts is also gone, where do I get those?

Cheers!!

Will

Will & Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Welcome to the MOC! Not having a Correct Track system I am unsure of which bolts you are referring to. I suspect it is the "Wet Bolt" you are missing. Here is a link to a recent discussion of missing wet bolts on a Correct Track system that may help (this Thread has pictures and links to the replacements you need).
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=87600

A Search of the forum using keywords like: 'wet' 'bolt' 'correct' or such will uncover a myriad of discussions.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:43 AM   #3
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Your 2016 has these wet bolts:
https://www.trekwood.com/products/51...-Shoulder-Bolt

Most any local Trailer repair shop would have these locally
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:48 AM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Having spent a couple of hours yesterday attempting to change springs bolts etc. only to find out I got the wrong springs and bolts are too short.
Just an FYI for everyone,
Tandem axles with Road Armor Equalizer.
The hanger bolts are 3"
The heavy duty Shackle bolts are 3.5" due to the heavy duty Shackles are much thicker than normal ones.
The leaf springs are 24-7/8" and 3.5" high arch unloaded.
I picked up springs at a local trailer shop. They were 25.25" long and 2.5" arch.
They didn't work. The axles would not line up. I took them back. I'll be ordering the correct springs and bolts today on Etrailer.
Bummer I lost a days work on this.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:52 PM   #5
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
I,ve been through this "missing bolts and yellow octagons" several times and now have I S. The bolts should be available from a local spring shop. Depending on how DIY you are the octagonal plates are easy enough to fabricate yourself. Just duplicate one at your work bench out of sufficiently heavy steel and paint them to keep them from rusting. Otherwise you can probably order them from Lippert. I got mine from them after sufficient whining for free.
2011 Ford f350 srw long box Lariat with B&W Patriot hitch. Residential Fridge.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
jrsemrad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21904
Get rid of the correct trac. It does very little to align the axel other than kind of move the axels forward and back. Do yourself a favor and when you have the correct trac removed and springs replaced, take your rig to a reputable truck alignment shop that will bend the axels to the proper alignment.
jrsemrad is offline   Reply With Quote