Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 04:49 AM   #21
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
EXav8tr Thanks a bunch, that was the info I was looking for. My feelings are to keep going to the laundry mats. Most of the time its free for us, were we work its a benifit. Here at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, The Maytags are older than dirt and keep breaking down. I should know I do maintenance here and I am one of the ones that try to keep them running. The parts are used and don't always work. Our work ends here in Oct 20th and the Trailer Park in Beaver Dam were we will work for the Winter, Has a very clean and nice Machinces, the Manager said they also break down and have had problems keeping them going. So I will most likely have to buy One for the DW. Thanks again for the Info.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I have another question on the Washer/Dryer. How does the non vented model work and Is it as effective as the vented model? Thanks
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #23
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Don't remember the exact details, but it uses cold water to cause the warm water in the laundry to condense. The water that condenses is then drained out. Some have stated that it causes high humidity inside the trailer since there is no vent. But I think that is only an opinion or misconception. According to Splendide, all condensation is drained away. The tub area is obviously water tight and there is no vent to allow moisture to exit the machine except the drain.
But if I remember right, it uses quite a bit more water as it actually uses water for the drying process. And it takes longer to dry. But the end result is the same.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I personally think to have or not have a washer and dryer is purely personal preference. We've had our washer and dryer stack for 8 years and would not be without it. Yet we know people who prefer the social contact or the "getaway" time of visiting a laundromat.

Ours are apartment sized, not rv sized, and to us that makes a huge difference. Larger tubs, for one. I don't know the weight but whatever it is, it's well worth it.

Oh, and unlike the vibrations some have reported in the past, we get none from ours other than if I'm barefoot in the toily when the dryer is running I can feel a very slight tingle in the floor. But, then, the dryer and washer are just the other side of that wall.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #25
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We tried the stackable RV unit and did not like them so we installed apartment size Maytag Washer and 220V Dryer, love them, holds more that the Splende. Tried the laundromat route for a couple of years and that got thin and way more expensive. Also, in bad weather it was a real pain. We wouldn't be without them, it is our home and a home has a washer and dryer, right? Right...
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #26
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

We tried the stackable RV unit and did not like them so we installed apartment size Maytag Washer and 220V Dryer, ....
Just remember that the 220v dryer will not work unless you have 50 amp hookup available.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Another thought here. Some have mentioned they did not want to loose the storage. We have things sitting on top of our combo unit, 2 shelves above it with wire racks attached to the shelves, coat hooks, key hooks and there is just room for a broom to stand up on one side. Cleaning and laundry supplies, paper goods, etc are stored there. Also there was a closet pole there and we left it, can hang clothes if the hanger swivels.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #28
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
We have a Splendide stackable washer/dryer and I absolutely love them.
Best decision we ever made, they are great, efficient, quiet and can't even hear them most of the time......yes, I have to use the laundramat for blankets but that's not every week. Overall great decision. We have been full time since 8/11/10 and have put on 2000 miles...we are in Sioux Falls, got our drivers license today....all registered and insured for vehicles, health etc. We are going to head back to Indiana for the MOC rally, take our time, see some sights and see you all there in a couple of weeks.....Wahoo

Betty and Paul
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote