Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #1
napria
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14116
Space Bags

Has anyone used space bags/vacuum sealed bags for clothes, towels, linens, pillows, etc? We are traveling up to pick up our Monty on Saturday and we'll have limited space. Six or so hours in a crew cab dually with two adults, two teens and enough gear for a week is daunting. We'll put a few things in the bed of the pickup, but I'd feel better transporting all the clothing & linens *in* the cab.

napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Anne,

Since we full time now we needed a lot more space for the storage of our seasonal clothes so we went and purchased the space bags to give them a try. They worked so well that we purchased enough to contain most of our clothes that we do not use on a day to day basis. They certainly work as advertised, so well in fact Les even put his leather riding gear in them for the winter!

Hope this helps with your decision.

Sue
Old 03-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
napria
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14116
Wow, Sue, that's great news! I went to my local Target after church today and bought a variety pack. I wasn't able to check back here before going to Target, but I figured if I got negative feedback I could always return them. I've got to get packing, though. We leave at 6:00 AM Saturday and I have a full time job, so limited time over the next six days!
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
Meauwataka
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17641
I agree! I use the space bags for all of the extra bedding that we don't use regularly. Pop them out as needed and reseal when ready to store again. Works great!!!
Meauwataka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
CWSWine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18254
We have used them and had few leaks. The only warning I would have is don't put them in a draw because if they do leak and expand you have real problem trying to get the draw open.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:26 AM   #6
Sundogette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13254
We use the space bags, in the rig and for our clothes, linens, bedding and items currently in storage. I purchased the ones that have a separate valve, but do not require a vacuum to pull the air out. I just sit on the bag! We also purchased some translucent U-Line storage boxes for the clothes and extra supplies we store in the front compartment. Makes it easier to see the correct tub, and they stack really well. When we made the leap from the stick house, it was a real challenge to determine what we needed/wanted in board. After a couple of months, we offloaded 3-4 extra tubs of stuff and extra clothes that just weren't necessary. So liberating to not be slaves to our stuff!
Sundogette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I even use a few of them as giant ziplock bags for other things.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote