Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi All

I am still alive, well and kicking, as long as the kick doesn't involve any arm movements. I have been limited on computer activity as my right arm and shoulder are killing me. I have seen an ortho doc and it is a rotator cuff tear. I am waiting for an MRI and then, hopefully, surgery. The rotator cuff in my left shoulder is also torn and is becoming painful again. I had Physical Therapy on that arm two years ago and it helped, but, of course, did not heal the tear. So, sleeping is uncomfortable as I am a side sleeper and neither side is comfortable.
We are fortunate on this trip to have Bob and Pam Martin right across the way from us, so we have fellow MOCr's close. Pam and I did some shopping yesterday. It is nice to have someone to do that with.
Dave or I will keep you posted on the outcome of the MRI and the decision as to what to do with it.
In the meantime, in case I don't get on again,
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. Hope you have great holidays!!!!!

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Merry Christmas to you as well!
Good to hear from you. It’s really nice to know part of the MOC family is nearby. That is a blessing in itself.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Total bummer on the arm/shoulder thing, we know it is uncomfy. Will keep you in our prayers and send lots of hugs and good thoughts!

Happy Holidays!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Merry Christmas to you and yours too, Betsy. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Good luck on your shoulder repair. We'll keep you in our prayers. Merry Christmas to you and Dave.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Betsy--Sorry to hear you are having shoulder problems. Here`s to a speedy recovery in the near future! Glad you and Pam were able to go shopping together. Sounds as though you are having a semi-good time. Happy Holidays from Judi in Pa.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Betsy I've been there on the rotator cuff, its a snap once you get past the IV Stick (Me) mine was the right arm now I some how have damaged the left one, when we come back from Carlbad in feb 2010 I call my Dr. for a appointment to do it. the big thing is doing therapy thats a must.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
I want you all to know that Betsy spent thousands and thousands of dollars when we went shopping!!! More like a dollar ninety eight, but it was fun! And Bo, their 100 lb. lab, napped through the whole thing in the back of the truck. He barely raised his head when we got back to the truck. Some watchdog of our booty!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Good luck Betsy, wishing you and Dave a merry Christmas also. Take care of yourself, and will throw a prayer for fast recovery your way also.

Dave & Linda
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Betsy Rotatar cuffs are not fun ,,, i slept in the lazy boy for a month as i could not lay down . after 1 year it was good but then i fell on the left and smashed it so there is no shoulder but we go on,,, good luck and try to be not to hard on dave in this time , go out side and kick a tire instead..

by the way we are dealing with sharon on the same thing now so we will let you know what happens in 3 or 4 weeks sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Thanks so much to all and an apology for my not responding in a more timely manner. I am hanging in there. After several calls to the ortho doc to get a silly appointment for an MRI. I STILL don't have the appointment and my whole arm is so sore that I can't even hold a cup of coffee and my tummy and liver are not liking Ibuprofen much anymore. I saw the doc on the first of December and am still waiting. I am about waited out. I called today and never even got a return phone call from anyone. So, Monday, they need to watch out because I am tired of hurting sand waiting.
Other than that, aside from all the rain and gray skies, we are doing well. Dave put the lights up on the rig last night and they are beautiful. We did some X-mas decorating in the rig as well. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. I love it!
Merry Christmas and happy and safe holidays to everyone. I will keep you posted on the rotator cuff.
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Glad your doing better keep up the good work
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
{quote]
Dave put the lights up on the rig last night and they are beautiful. We did some X-mas decorating in the rig as well. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. I love it!
Merry Christmas and happy and safe holidays to everyone. I will keep you posted on the rotator cuff. {quote}

Take care of yourself Betsy. And while you are at it, take care of Skidaway for us. I think of you and Dave and Bob n Pam often. We are already looking forward to being back there. Say hi to Peter for me. Keep me posted.

(ON Edit) Belay most of that. I just noticed you had moved up to Statesboro. Take care of yourself anyway
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Dave told me at the Goshen rally that you guys might have a job at the Navy base in Key West. Did that work out. My brother in law is there the next couple weeks and I told them to look for you( he is retird USAF and she retired Navy)
winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #15
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by labmom

Thanks so much to all and an apology for my not responding in a more timely manner. I am hanging in there. After several calls to the ortho doc to get a silly appointment for an MRI. I STILL don't have the appointment and my whole arm is so sore that I can't even hold a cup of coffee and my tummy and liver are not liking Ibuprofen much anymore. I saw the doc on the first of December and am still waiting. I am about waited out. I called today and never even got a return phone call from anyone. So, Monday, they need to watch out because I am tired of hurting sand waiting.
Other than that, aside from all the rain and gray skies, we are doing well. Dave put the lights up on the rig last night and they are beautiful. We did some X-mas decorating in the rig as well. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. I love it!
Merry Christmas and happy and safe holidays to everyone. I will keep you posted on the rotator cuff.
I sure would raise a bit of noise about being treated that way! I hope you have either spoken to them or found another doctor!
I had rotator cuff surgery done twice. After the first one, I had scar tissue that impacted movement so had to have it removed the second time. Be sure to do the exercises they prescribe as well as physical therapy. It is really the key to long lasting improvement. My shoulder is great now. Good luck!

Lynne
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote