Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi everyone-I am still alive

Hi to everyone. It has been a really bad winter. Aside from my Mom dying, I have something else going on that has been really hard to deal with and most days I don't like to talk much.
I am getting better but the problem is not easily solved and will go on for quite a long time.
I am sorry that I haven't been posting. I have been talking to a few people, but mostly I keep to myself. I miss my Mom so badly, especially with what is going on. It is so hard to not pick up the phone and call her and talk to her. I wish I had her here to talk to. The hole seems like it will never go away and it hurts so much at times.
I have been thinking of all of you and decided that I needed to post to let all of you know that I am still alive and kicking a little bit.
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Grief cannot be avoided, but can be passed through, overcame and hope can be felt again. Missing those important folks in our life is a part of the grief. It seems we experience it all over again every time a new moment of remembering arrives.

Talking (posting) is good. It serves as a vent for the emotional build up. Decompression is healthy. Sorry you are having to deal with so much at this juncture. We are hoping situations or conditions change so that you might have a more comfortable and peaceful life.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Remember, your Mom is always with you!! Keep strong. Marilyn
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
So glad to hear from you, so sorry to hear of your issues. Stiles said it very well I believe, so read his post again, and ditto it here!

Sending prayers, good thoughts and lots o !!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Special thoughts and wishes going your way dear,,,,,,,,,,,
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Thanks to everyone. I know Mom is "with me" but I can't pick up the phone and talk to her and hear her voice and that is what I miss the most. With what else is going on, I just feel like I really need her and this is the first time, especially in my adult life that she hasn't been here to help me and talk to me. It is so painful.
I just get up in the morning and try to go on as there is nothing else to do. When I am feeling particularly down, I sit down and have a good cry and then I feel better. I also have a wonderful meditation book that I try to read every morning. I find that when I don't do that is when I get in trouble. I also need to write about my joy everyday, again, when I don't, life is almost insurmountable.
Anyway, thanks for listening and for the support.
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Betsy-- Good to hear from you again! You will be in our prayers with your problems. When I start to feel low and don't think I can handle things I just take a walk to clear the air and with that walk I always have someone with me -- not literly but spiritually! Remember that HE is always with you and can always be counted on for help when asked! You have someone special that is there with you also in your Monte and he can be counted on through thick and thin I'm sure! They say the best thing is to talk things out-- Yes, you used to talk to your Mom, you still can, and you'd be surprised how much that will help also. But if you need that someone for the answer and help, Dave will always be there!
Take care and please keep in contact with all of us! God Bless!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Betsy,

I am sorry about the challenges you are dealing with over the past months, BUT I know that you will improve with time as your postings show that you are headed in the right direction...seeking the help and support of your extended friends and family (including the "virtual ones" you have made on this forum) and remembering that you need to count the blessings you have in your daily life. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Also as Rondo said you have Dave (along with the latest "controversy" of his possibly being a "Rain God"...check out "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" for this reference).

NEXT trip down south drop me an advance message when you all hit the Kings Bay, Jax, and/or Eustis area so may be we can take a weekend or day trip to visit!

Robin (and Doug)
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Betsy, I am so sorry to hear you have issues causing you problems. You can count on our prayers and thoughts being with you. It's great to see you posting again. I don't think I'll ever truly get over missing my folks. It helps to remember all the good times. That brings smiles. It helps a little. Please know you have many friends here and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Betsy, you're right--when you need your mom, you need HER, and when she's gone, it seems as though there's no other place to turn for the support she gave you when she was alive. It will become less painful, believe me, which is not to say that the sad moments won't continue to creep up on you occasionally. Meditation helps, as does prayer. I also found it helpful to remember some of the funny/weird or special times with my mom to help me get through the dark hours. Oddly enough, however, it was my father's death that hit me the hardest. I really hit the bottom after he died, but remembering all the special times he shared with me--like standing elbow-to-elbow with a million other people down at Boliver Pass near Galveston to fish the "croaker run" every year--chased away the sad times and put a smile on my face after a bit. (The man had to be a saint to put up with me, baiting my hook, and untangling my line for hours on end!)

You're in my prayers. You are definitely going through a hard time. Happiness will envelope you again, though. Be patient. Do what you have to do to get through the moment. You're in my heart.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Betsy, I`m so sorry for the loss of your mother and that you have other issues as well. Time helps with the loss and hopefully your health will improve.
Judi Nye
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #12
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Betsy,

I know how hard it is not to be able to pick up the phone and call your mom. Shucks I used to just walk to the next pasture and get my hug. Mom's aren't supposed to ever leave us and they don't. Mine has been gone thirteen years now and I talk to her often. As for the tears, mom shared something with me along time ago. Tears are a way to cleanse the heart and soul. Sometimes they are the best medicine you can have, have a good cry and then start anew.

A great website to visit is greatday.com I know the author, he has some great advice that can be applied to everyone.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope things improve soon.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 AM   #13
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Betsy,
Our prayers are with you and from what I remember you and your mom were real close....close enough that if you ask the question you can hear her answer in your head....You know how she thought and her view on things. Trust that voice you hear, even if it tells you what you need to do is hard or difficult. She is still there for you, you just have to communitcate a little differently.

Bill .
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote