Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
Bro. Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #24531
Bro. Paul

Been a member for a while but hadn't done anything with it. We have been fill time for year and half. We have a 2019 Montana 3790RD.We are from Lake Don Pedro Ca. Near Yosimite. We are currently in Atlanta and will be headed for Fredricsburg Tx. next week.

Bro. Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Paul View Post
Been a member for a while but hadn't done anything with it. We have been fill time for year and half. We have a 2019 Montana 3790RD.We are from Lake Don Pedro Ca. Near Yosimite. We are currently in Atlanta and will be headed for Fredricsburg Tx. next week.

Don't know if you've been to Fredericksburg before but we really like it. If you like German food there are several good places so go hungry. We like Friedhelm's Bavarian Inn and I really like their Jagerschnitzel. Be safe and have fun.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Been hunting the Fredericksburg area for over 50 years. Really like that town, but has become a lot more touristy over the years. And has become a wine lovers mecca over the last 10-15 years. Neat old German architecture. The Museum of the Pacific War is very good if you enjoy something like that. I think you may need advance tickets due to covid precautions. And shopping that draws lots of people from Austin, San Antonio, and other areas.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #4
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Been hunting the Fredericksburg area for over 50 years. Really like that town, but has become a lot more touristy over the years. And has become a wine lovers mecca over the last 10-15 years. Neat old German architecture. The Museum of the Pacific War is very good if you enjoy something like that. I think you may need advance tickets due to covid precautions. And shopping that draws lots of people from Austin, San Antonio, and other areas.

We really like it as well. 40-45 years ago it was sort of a little "sleepy" hill country town, like most of them back then, with a German heritage (and food). Like you said, now, depending on the day there may be folks wandering all over the place. The Pacific War museum is a neat place. Still have good food depending on the place but haven't been this year with all the "stuff". I will say that around June is a good time to go and get "Fredericksburg" peaches (various varieties). Used to make a special trip about that time every year to buy a few bushels to give away.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:02 AM   #5
Bro. Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #24531
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We really like it as well. 40-45 years ago it was sort of a little "sleepy" hill country town, like most of them back then, with a German heritage (and food). Like you said, now, depending on the day there may be folks wandering all over the place. The Pacific War museum is a neat place. Still have good food depending on the place but haven't been this year with all the "stuff". I will say that around June is a good time to go and get "Fredericksburg" peaches (various varieties). Used to make a special trip about that time every year to buy a few bushels to give away.
Thanks everyone
We plan on spending most of the winter there.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:14 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #7
djrich
Established Member

M.O.C. #23971
Check out Castroville when there. Nice little town with a great bakery a d butcher shop.
djrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #8
Bro. Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #24531
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrich View Post
Check out Castroville when there. Nice little town with a great bakery a d butcher shop.
Thanks much.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #9
BeagleMan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Don't know if you've been to Fredericksburg before but we really like it. If you like German food there are several good places so go hungry. We like Friedhelm's Bavarian Inn and I really like their Jagerschnitzel. Be safe and have fun.
Ah, Fredricksburg. I recall it well. Some of the most, to die for, sweet German pastries around. I think I left with Diabetes last time there.

Make sure you see the James Monroe Museum, if you haven't already. There is also a great Irish place on Lafayette Blvd. Colonial House, Home of the Irish Brigade. Fantastic place. And others too many to list. Got to get back there soon now.
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:14 AM   #10
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Quote:
Make sure you see the James Monroe Museum
Previous posts have related to Fredericksburg TEXAS.

James Monroe Museum is in VIRGINIA

I'm sure both cities are great to visit. Just be sure which one you are headed to.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:09 AM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Happy travels. But don't be shy, start posting thoughts and comments on these threads. Share your experiences and knowledge. Being on the road for as long as you have now, I know you have a wealth of information you can share, and probably some pretty interesting stories along the way too.

Again, happy travels!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #12
Bro. Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #24531
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Happy travels. But don't be shy, start posting thoughts and comments on these threads. Share your experiences and knowledge. Being on the road for as long as you have now, I know you have a wealth of information you can share, and probably some pretty interesting stories along the way too.

Again, happy travels!
Thanks, I'll try to keep it up.