Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #21
Billhorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22177
splurge

From Amazon------Automotive Authority LLC White RV Camper Trailer Thick Vinyl 3/4" Insert Trim Mold Flexible Screw Cover 0.75" x 24 Feet (24 ft, White)

I bought some cheap stuff I just threw away and splurged on this stuff and it worked great. (2003 Keystone Montana 3670RL )

Billhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #22
fulltilt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16056
I have used "Totally Awesome" found in one of your Dollarama stores in the USA. It's less than $2.00 for a liter spray bottle, spray it on a cloth rub it, it will begin to whiten. The original white will come back, I've used it for years on all white plastic, like marker light housings, trims, kitchen exhaust outlet hood, if you do it once a year,[painless really], it will stay looking white.
fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:14 PM   #23
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Skirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I think this is the cover material: https://www.trekwood.com/products/10...oors-150-Roll-

And this is the metal trim that it should cover: https://www.trekwood.com/products/24...im-Mill-Finish

I'm not sure, have never removed any of ours, but at a couple areas, the aluminum skirting wasn't fastened high enough and the cover strip comes undone and I have to push it back on. I will probably have to do some work to stop this from happening. That leg on the cover may have to be cut off, but that would be easy.

I had the same problem. The skirting pulled out because it wasn't installed high enough under that strip. I pulled the whole thing off and re-drilled the strip and skirt, and screwed it back together. I took a few hours to do it. Be careful of not pulling the cover vinyl all the way off or it will ruin any decals that are under the sealant across the top if that makes any sense.
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:04 PM   #24
whitetail

M.O.C. #18529
The best and cheapest way to clean it is with lacquer thinner. Put some on a rag then wipe twice. Don't get it on painted aluminum or it will remove the paint. works great
whitetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #25
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
I'm getting the Monty detailed today (mainly washed and waxed) and am wondering if the detail guy has something that will work.

If not, no problem since I now have so many ideas! Thanks everyone!