Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2005, 01:40 AM   #1
BandJ
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #93
Not a good week

Some of you have seen my post on the refrigerator going out. Well, after getting that fixed, (New Convertor installed), I noticed a leak in the basement under the toilet. Upon inspection it was apparant that the leak has been around for a while as the floor was wet in a area bout 6 X 6.

I pulled the toilet out and found that the Closet Flange which connects to the sewer pipe, was cracked. I was able to repair (replaced Flange) my self...

Hopefully my problems are over....

BandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:01 AM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
BandJ,
Sorry to hear about your problems. Great that you could handle them yourself. If something like this happened with Tom & I, we would just have to locate the nearest service department for repairs. Unfortunately even though we are learning as we go, neither of us are what you would call the "handyman" type. LOL Fortunately, our unit has been practically trouble free, so we are enjoying our Rv experience. Hope all your problems are behind you now...Oops guess that's not a very good way to put it if you happen to be towing at this moment...Hope all your troubles are in the past. Happy Rving!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:14 AM   #3
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Unfortunately we have you beat, so far this week the oven igniter, sump pump, and furnace have gone out in our stick home and had to be repaired. At 15 degrees we almost moved into the Mountaineer. Just remember that no matter how bad you have it someone out there has it worse, its what kept me going this week.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:19 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dbrill, we can relate to that. When we still had a stick home and were not yet fulltiming we came home from a camping weekend to a finished basement full of water. Had to tear out the entire finished basement, have two basement walls repaired and braced, then refinish the basement, all to the tune of about $23k. That was the episode that triggered our selling the house and going fulltime instead of basing out of that house and going for a month or two or three at a time. We've not had a lot of problems with our Montana but those we've had seem pretty small in comparison.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Wow Steve. That is some story. We lived in Omaha for 6 years and flooding basements were always a potential problem. My daughter moved to Hutch. and bought a house and the first think I noticed was that some basement windows were below ground level. I hate to think about their basement flooding.

When I bought my house in Florida I made sure that it had good drainage. The lake water in back would have to rise a vertical distance of about 20ft or so to get into the house. But I guess it could happen.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am grateful that a bad week doesn't make a bad life. I have begun to think of the problems, whether stick house or Monty, are opportunities to find solutions. I once got angry at the difficulties that arose. Turning that little switch in my head called "attitude" has created a different emotional climate that is appreciated by those who live around me, reduced my stress and gives me a sense of accomplishment when the task is completed.

Now that I have previewed this post, it sounds alot like a counselor, huh.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Stiles,
words to live by, your attitude is great! Thanks for the lift.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I could hear your counselor side coming through, Stiles. But your words are so true. Thanks for the reminder. Judy
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote