Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Shower Drain Leak

Has anyone had this problem? When we run our shower, we get water leaking into the cargo area on the outside of drain pipe. Know a fix?

Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
On a re-read of your post, I am not sure about the DRAIN PIPE, maybe I am on the wrong fix here, but here is my response anyway! Carol

before the edit:

Yep, search here on MOC using the search engine at the top of the page.

The trouble for MANY of us, not all, but MANY, is that the faucet needs a little tweaking, from the bottom.

If you cannot find the answer from the search engine, contact us at the address on our web page and I will get Al to dictate to me the fix. He is not here at the moment.

Also, we put a cut off plastic milk jug (gallon size) under the faucet, in the access area, attached a little velcro tape to the floor and the jug (as I remember) and used that to check the leaking. Also kept the floor and the storage area dry.

The answer is NOT caulking the shower enclosure, just ask Steve R., our inhouse MOC legend.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #3
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I had to tighten the faucet and a while later I had to reseal the tub drain. The tub drain is no big deal just unscrew the pipe then unscrew the drain. Put a lil' plumbers putty around the drain and re-install.
Some have put a flex coupling in the drain line so the line can move when the tub floor flexes. This is a great idea and is on my list.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We are getting that same water leak into the basement storage area but there is no water under the shower inside the coach. When back in Indiana, Keystone replaced a leaky trap in the basement but now we have a leak somewhere farther forward. Not a lot but it does soak about a 2 square foot area near the door side front basement near the outside basement door. When we get to warmer weather I need to check this out.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:31 AM   #5
Mr Zip
Established Member

M.O.C. #1583
I had a leak into my basement from the shower the dealer took the drain out and put a gasket around the top of it. They said it should have been on there from the factory, any way no more leaks.
Mr Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #6
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
We also had a leak under the shower area. Found it was the drain. Had to tighten the drain.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #7
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
WE HAD THE SAME RPOBLEM, HAD THE DEALER REPLACE THE SHOWER DRAIN, ALSO YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK THE COMMODE SUPPLY LINE, OURS WAS LOOSE SO WE HAD LEAKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BASEMENT.
Montana_1574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mr Zip

I had a leak into my basement from the shower the dealer took the drain out and put a gasket around the top of it. They said it should have been on there from the factory, any way no more leaks.
Had the same problem. Didn't have a gasket available so I removed the drain and used some plumber's putty and reinstalled the drain. Tightened the nut and then used some clear sealant around the outside edge of the shower drain in the shower. Solved the problem and hasn't leaked in over 2 years.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
We posted back in August how we solved our leaking shower in the 3400rl. Do a search for leaking shower in archieved post. The post topic is "No more leaking shower"
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote