Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Manatee Hammock Comments

We plan to go to Manatee Hammock Camp ground near Titusville, Fl. Has anyone stayed there recently? Would appreciate any information about this campground. Thanks

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well I've never been there but I have heard only good things about Manatee Hammock.
Here's a link to Manatee Hammock's website.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:51 AM   #3
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Thanks Glenn....
Old 12-03-2004, 06:38 AM   #4
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Been there several times, nice but its tight for our larger rigs, there are a lot of low limbs and tight curves with trees right at the edge of the road, most of the roads are paved, but all of the sites are grass and dirt, we try to get one of the few pull thrus they have right up front and they are near a bath house and pool, you will love the long fishing peir that they have and its directly accross the river from NASA
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #5
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Thanks Kenny... I think I have a pull trough site on hold, but won't know until I get there. I guess I can miss the low hanging limbs if I have someone guiding me, huh? This will our first trip camping in the Montana and a 5th wheel and I sure don't need any distractions. Going to be hard enough for me to park this big sucker as it is. Had a little tag along Outback before the Montana.

You wrote...."we try to get one of the few pull through's they have right up front...."

Are all the pull through's located up front as you mentioned?, or did you mean I should get a pull through that is up front to avoid the tree limbs? The person who took my reservation said she would assigned me a pull through, but then I saw on the web page where they would not guarantee a particular site. I did tell her if I couldn't get a pull through I would probably wreck the whole campground trying to back my Montana . Hope she took me serious.

Again, thanks for you reply.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 AM   #6
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I live about 20 minutes from there. I have been there several times. It's a nice place. It is VERY tight. Good thing you have a pull through. Backing up into sites has been a bear for me. Not sure if they keep the pool open all year round. The back of the campground is on the river and it's really nice in the mornings when the sun comes up. Depending on how warm the weather continues to be here, you may want to have some bug spray on hand. I am not sure if they are still pet friendly. The last time we went we had our Spring Spanel with us and she was fine. If you have time you should check out Jetty Park also on the web. It's located in Cape Canaveral near the port on the ocean. They have tight spots too, only allow small dogs (less than 20 pounds) and just as Manatee Hammock do not reserve sites. I am surprised the girl told you she would reserve you a site. Everytime we have gone camping there my wife has gone early in the day to get our site. The only thing they will do is ensure you have a site but not which one, unless of course they have changed their policies. It's a nice place though and everytime we have ever been there the people running the place and the campers have been wonderful.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:00 AM   #7
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. We tried Jetty Park first as we have stayed there before. They don't have any week end vacanies until May I was told. We stayed there Christmas last year and it was about empty.

I see you live on Merrit Island. I used to live there in the early 60's when I worked at the Cape for NASA.

I probably will have trouble if I have to back this rig up in a tight space. Maybe there will be some nice Rvers who will give me a hand and help. I been told a 5er is easier to back than a pull behind, but so far I have not found that to be true in my case. We had an Outback pull behind before we got this Montana 5er and I could put it anywhere I wanted it. I am sure I will learn the 5er with experience.

Again thanks
Old 12-07-2004, 05:47 PM   #8
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
IT'S A VERY NICE PARK , HOWEVER IT'S OWNED BY THE COUNTY AND THEY ARE VERY STRICT ON THE PET LIMIT, WE FOUND THAT OUT THE HARD WAY, WHEN THE "DICTATOR IN CHARGE" THAT DAY LEARNED ABOUT OUR THREE CHIHUAHUAS. SHE WANTED TO ENFORCE THE TWO PETS PER RIG RULE. WE DID EXPLAIN THAT THIS WAS DISCUSSED, AND FORTUNATLY I DID WRITE DOWN THE NAME OF THE PERSON THAT TOOK OUR RESERVATIONS. SO THE ISSUE WAS SORT OF RESOLVED. ENJOY YOUR STAY...........T
Montana_1574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #9
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Floridanomads, I sent you an e mail with all the details of our stays there, you will like it Im sure, the people are very nice and as tapemeasure stated, it is a county park, just make sure your within there rules and they are pretty easy to get along with.....Hey, looks like several people know of this campground and live pretty close. maybe a small get together there in the spring with a cookout???? just a thought.....enjoy!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:00 AM   #10
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Oh yea...I cook some pretty mean southern style BBq ribs! *pats self on the back* *S* Thanks Folks and Merry Christmas to all and our Florida residents.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:03 AM   #11
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I think a spring cookout/campout would be a great time for all. I cook some MEAN chili.

Floridanomads where in Old Town do you live? My farm is up on Log Landing Rd off of 349. If you know 349 our road is the first one to the right just past the blinking light at 351 and Two Sisters Gas Station. I will let you know the next time we are up there camping. Maybe we can get together and break some bread around the camp fire.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Old 12-08-2004, 05:03 AM   #12
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
I know 349....hang out in Mc Crabb Landing area...I think thats how its spelled.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:06 AM   #13
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Jeff, we live off 459 (via spillers highway) on NE 412th Ave. Turn on Spillers and wind around to almost to where it intersects 351 to Cross City. We live in that area. I think where we live used to be an old forrest and they are now selling acreage in it. I know I have some hugh old mossy oak trees and one giant magnolia. I also have a stand of very tall pine trees.

Hope we can get together on one of your trips over here, just send me an e-mail to make sure I stay home that day.

I am all for a spring get together. I also cook some mean ribs.

What do you raise on your farm here? There are some nice farms around here that I have seen. I know they grow some graet peanuts and watermellons here.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:25 AM   #14
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
The past few years has been hay. We are considering putting in trees and maybe pumpkins and watermellons. Hay has been ggod so far but it's boring if you know what I mean. If we decide to move there once my youngest graduates high school we plan on boarding horses. I know pretty much right where you are located.

Let's for sure do a spring thing. Last year we did one with family and friends up on the property and had over 75 people attend the weekend. It was a lot of fun. We had all kinds of food at a pot luck on Saturday night and had more than our fair share of hot wings.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Old 12-08-2004, 12:05 PM   #15
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Sounds like a good idea on the spring cook out. We sure would attend and help out with it.

Do you bale square bales or the big round ones? I am looking for a few square bails to buy. I need probably about 15 bales. If you know of any place around here that sells the square bales would appreciate the information. I plan to use the hay in my garden this spring as I read on the Internet a neat way of growing veggies with hay . Thought I would give it a try.

So far I have not found any of the square bales, but a lot of the big round ones are available.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:35 AM   #16
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Floridanomads,
We have it rolled and use a contractor that buys all of it. Not sure about tyhe bails. We have gone looking to use some for a hay ride and have had no luck. Funny thing, we raise hay but cannot find any to use. It's the story of my life.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Old 12-09-2004, 07:56 AM   #17
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Its a long way, but I know Sparr farm supply has some, or should, just northeast of Ocala
Old 02-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #18
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff Heiser

I live about 20 minutes from there. I have been there several times. It's a nice place. It is VERY tight. The last time we went we had our Spring Spanel with us and she was fine.

If you have time you should check out Jetty Park also on the web. It's located in Cape Canaveral near the port on the ocean. They have tight spots too, only allow small dogs (less than 20 pounds) and just as Manatee Hammock do not reserve sites.
site.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida

Jeff - do you know of other nice campgrounds on the beach. We live in central FL and do most of our camping....well...ALL of our camping...here in the central part of the state. We go to Jetty Park frequently in the summer and would like to try other campgrounds. It gets kind of old going to the same places over and over. We have camped at Beverly Beach already and would go there again. I am not wild about the tight sights and prices at Beverly though. Any suggestions? We have a small dog and 4 young children so muct be pet/family friendly.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote