Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sparky

The temperature was over a hundred degrees that summer day, I had so many air conditioning repair jobs I couldn’t possibly get to all of them, but I was doing as many as I could.
I was coming down my ladder after rewiring a compressor contactor on a bar’s rooftop unit, when I heard a pitiful little high pitched meow. Right under my ladder was the cutest little black and white kitten you have ever seen. He looked up at me coming down and scurried around to me. I said, “where did you come from?” He just looked at me and meowed some more. I went to all of the little shops in the center asking if someone lost a kitty, but no one claimed him. I gave him a drink from my bottle of water in the palm of my hand. He just kept looking up at me with that cute little white face.
I called Sue to tell her we had another cat, and I would meet her half way home. She was delighted, and said she would take kitty to the vet for a check up.
We drove the 5 or so miles to the half way point, kitty fell asleep wrapped around the back of my neck, purring loudly. I had to drive all bent over, I tried to move him, but he kept moving back up on my neck.
To this day, he is dad’s cat. In the mornings when I am on the computer, he jumps up and leans against me, between the keyboard and my chest, purring. He eventually lays down against me, if I moved away, he would tumble into my lap. Sue tells everyone he and I have a special bond. Wouldn’t we all love to know what our animal is thinking? I bet I know what he is thinking when he is close to me like that.
My little Sparky is a special guy.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/100_0534.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
goin2themountains
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9063
Absolutely adorable. All 4 of our cats have been rescue/foundling type issues. I am sure there exists a love there that is incomparable.
goin2themountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I think Sparky's confused. He sounds like a dog!
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Ozz the truth of having an animal that close to you is it (the pet) will calm the person. it has also been documented to correct heart rates (getting the rythmes back in check if off) and to bring down blood pressure rates. The pets heart rate and the persons will often mimmick one another. I think someone upstairs set you a guardian.
chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Dmaxdon
Established Member

M.O.C. #8452
I am also a cat lover and this story warms my heart. In the area I live, some people ( I use the word loosely ) that raise cougar hounds look for free kittens to train their dogs to kill felines. A kitten has to be one of nature's sweetest creatures and only the cruelest of our species could allow a kitten to be torn apart for some sick type of training. Our two cats are 13 and 9 and I love them both. Thanks for sharing Sparky's story and may he continue to bring you joy for many years.
Dmaxdon is offline   Reply With Quote