Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2005, 05:53 AM   #1
Chad Brooks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3899
Send a message via AIM to Chad Brooks
Saint Augustine Beach FL KOA this weekend

We will be heading down to spend the weekend at the St Augustine Beach KOA leaving 7/22 and returning home 7/24. I just can't seem to get enough of camping

Chad Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:08 AM   #2
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Let us know your opinion of the Campground. Might stop there this winter. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Chad Brooks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3899
Send a message via AIM to Chad Brooks
Well, we just made it back from our trip. In all I think it was a great trip, if you overlook the fit I had when my 6 year old daugher dropped her strawberry smoothie on the floor. The freaking thing shot out like a volcano eruption. Took me and the wife a good 20 mins of so of scrubbing to get it all cleaned up. Anyway, I thought the KOA was "OK". The grass needed a little trimming and my site was barely big enough for my RV and TV. We had to sqeeze the truck in really close and you could not access all the doors of the truck while it was parked in the campsite. The pool was overflowing with people too, looked like everyone decided to skip the beach and use the pool instead. I was there only two days and it looked like a complete new set of campers throughout the park both days. Evidently, a lot of people were just using this KOA as a passing through spot. If I go back, I will be sure to get my reservations ahead of time and stay at Bryn Mawr http://brynmawroceanresort.com/reef7.htm I didn't go inside the campground, but from the people I talked to and what I could see, it looked REALLY nice!!. Plus, it is right on the beach.

There are also several other campgrounds around the St Augustine area that I seen. Many of which do not show up on the internet. I wanted to check them all out but I was short on time.

Chad
Chad Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chad Brooks

Well, we just made it back from our trip. In all I think it was a great trip, if you overlook the fit I had when my 6 year old daugher dropped her strawberry smoothie on the floor. The freaking thing shot out like a volcano eruption. Took me and the wife a good 20 mins of so of scrubbing to get it all cleaned up. Anyway, I thought the KOA was "OK". The grass needed a little trimming and my site was barely big enough for my RV and TV. We had to sqeeze the truck in really close and you could not access all the doors of the truck while it was parked in the campsite. The pool was overflowing with people too, looked like everyone decided to skip the beach and use the pool instead. I was there only two days and it looked like a complete new set of campers throughout the park both days. Evidently, a lot of people were just using this KOA as a passing through spot. If I go back, I will be sure to get my reservations ahead of time and stay at Bryn Mawr http://brynmawroceanresort.com/reef7.htm I didn't go inside the campground, but from the people I talked to and what I could see, it looked REALLY nice!!. Plus, it is right on the beach.

There are also several other campgrounds around the St Augustine area that I seen. Many of which do not show up on the internet. I wanted to check them all out but I was short on time.

Chad
Chad, We have stayed at Byrn Mawr may times over ther last 30 years or so. The last time was in Aug 03. We had a great time. Great beach and good pull through sites or on the beach directly. There are a lot of Park models there however as Bryn Mawr is owner sites, that rent out. The pool is very nice and large. I have seen some very large rigs in there but a ride through prior to settling on a site would be advisable as some sites are a little tight. Be sure to wash your rig after being on the beach, Salt air is rough on things. I would rate Bryn Mawr very nice based on our last stay in 03. We stayed right on the beach side with a an ocean view.

Good luck,

wa4bmg
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote