Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 AM   #1
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Guess I'm in Trouble Now!

Guess I stirred something up with the factory rep! Called to the factory to ask about tours and then how to find out the current build date on our Monty. After being switched around, was given to a rep who doesn't handle our area, as our rep was out of town I guess. The rep I talked to said, give me your name, your dealer and the model and color you ordered and I'll find out. Ok...did that. No phone call from the rep, but a call from the dealer who is bent out of shape worried that I called the factory. According to my salesman, their rep called the owner of the dealership and said I had been "calling the factory" (I made just one phone call for information)-made it sound like I had been bombarding them with calls-and thought he should know about it as I "was upset" with something. Owner of dealership was under the impression I was upset with something they had done or not done. Gosh...guess I'll never call again!

CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't worry about it..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sounds like someone got you confused with that other person that called and was nasty on the phone!

If you explained to your salesman that you were asking about plant tours, first, and your salesman is worried about that, he must have thin skin. Geeesh.

Confusion is more prevelant around the time of a full moon, ohhhh, dear, we had one of those here last night!

Or, maybe the rep you chatted with is suffering the affects of the monsoon weather we have been having in this part of the country lately??

Agree with Rich,

Don't worry bout it!

Carol
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
As Rich said, "Don't worry about it!" Every company employs idiots, its required they have a quota to fill and Keystone finallly filled theirs.
As for your dealer, If he has any brains at all, he will apologize to you.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #5
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
I guess I won't worry about it. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who worry too much! Because this is the very first camper we've ever ordered, or purchased new for that matter, I guess I don't want to tick off the dealer in case I need them later? I've never had to worry about keeping a dealer "happy" so they'll do work for me. We've always just purchased the camper, said so long and went on our way. Anyone have experience out there with a dealer who got "mad" at them and later gave them trouble with getting things fixed?
Old 10-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I agree don`t worry about it.I know if I was waiting on a new Montana I sure would have called and could care less what the dealer thought.Its not like your were calling every day.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I guess with the service we just had at the factory, maybe the dealer should be worried! We were overwhelmed with the support from the factory. I bet if you have any trouble with your dealer a call to someone of importance and then your dealer will take very good care of you! The factory said they want all of us to be satisfied and I believe they will stand by that. Take heart, you also have the MOCers behind you too! Bet you can't wait, but it will be worth it.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
This strikes me as a good thing. A company that responds to a call even if it is overboard is a good thing, it sends a much better message than not caring.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
I too received the cold shoulder from the factory. I have a special order in for a 3400 and wanted to inquire about an extra set of speaker wires being installed. Well that is not happening in this life time. Seems that the monty builders are a little stressed account very behind by 8-10 wks. I would not worry about it just hope they remember where the business comes from over time. It would be kind of nice to see your unit being built Corvette owners can do this at the Bowling Green factory but it is considered an option with the museum delivery and is mucho $$$. Congrates I am in your shoes now too can't wait!

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #10
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I agree with the others, don't worry about it. I called the Montana Rep to ask the same questions except for the tour, she was absolutely wonderful and a delightful person to speak with, she brought up the information and gave me the answer right away. What would bother me was that the dealer got upset. maybe he wasn't doing his job, it's your money, and just maybe you got someone at Keystone who just didn't feel like going out of his or her way for the Montana Rep.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I can only agree with the others, dont worry about it. If your dealership is that worried about you calling the factory for a answer to your question, maybe the dealership is the one who should be questioned. Hopefully everything is all squared away now, and you can now focus on more important things. IE... your upcoming new Montana... =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Way to go Shirley, Now since you made everyone angry, I cant call them to ask for my date... good googlie mooglie !! j/k

Did you ever get your date ?.. I'll bet mine is right behind yours.

Blue
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
One management theory is to handle an issue at the lowest level possible. Since I am not emotionally involved, my thought is the factory called the dealer and said, "Handle this." The dealer probably worries as much as you do; afraid the deal is in trouble and calls you. He probably didn't get the story straight from the factory rep (nobody listens) and jumped to some conclusions. If I had money on the line, I would have called you also to check to make sure you were happy.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to not jump to any conclusions about the treatment you will receive because of a phone call. Rather, be glad the dealer cared enough to make sure you are satisfied. Hey, the truth is you are the boss.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #14
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Cheryl,

Your dealer and/or the rep has "issues". You can call anyone you like about anything you want to discuss. It's your money and your rig.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #15
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I agree with fla native. My dealer knew I called and didn't even peep.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #16
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Shirley - I certainly wouldn't worry about hurting the Dealer's feelings. You've caught him off gaurd and now you should relish in your advantage knowing a little bit more about how the factory works and especially the knowledge your picking up through the Forum.

With the Dealer as my only contact with Keystone for the first two years, and continued unresolved issues, I really was starting to regret my purchase. Now that warranty is out and I've been in commuication with the friendly factory staff and folks in this forum, I wouldn't buy anything else. I'll just change Dealers.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #17
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Brad-You are so right. I was worried initially because I felt there could be repercusions about calling the factory. But what the heck, these things aren't free and we should have the right to call the factory I think. Thanks for all the great support and information. I can't tell you how much I have learned over the past month from being on here.