Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2024, 07:11 AM   #1
mountain high top
Established Member

M.O.C. #31448
Converter blinking light

I have a 2014 Montana 3625 re.. I recently installed a new Rv deep cycle 6 volt battery.. the old one was still good on one of the two so I only replaced one with same type of Inter State as the good one… I hooked them the same as you do for 6 volts in a series… my old interstate battery needed charging so I have got it on a low 3 amp trickle charger hooked to it to bring it up. I disconnected that battery from the series application and am charging it by itself. … my converter green light is blinking green even now with only one new 6 volt hooked as it was with two hooked up in a series

mountain high top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:59 AM   #2
C&P RV
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30294
It sounds like you still have your converter (12V) still hooked up to one 6V battery which is not good. If that's the case, I'd turn off the circuit breaker for the converter or disconnect that battery until you can connect the two 6V batteries in series again.

In my experience, if you have two batteries (12V in parallel or 6V in series) and one gets weak, you will have a better long term experience replacing both at the same time. The old battery will "drag down" the new one pretty quickly.
C&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:53 AM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
That blinking green light is your Charge Wizard. This is copied from the manual:

The Charge Wizard selects the best mode for your battery automatically. However, you can temporarily override the auto settings giving you the
freedom to change the way your battery charges. The Charge Wizard will be able to select between three very unique modes of battery charging.
BOOST, NORMAL, and STORAGE.
BOOST MODE: If the converter senses that the battery voltage has dropped below a preset level the output voltage is increased to approximately 14.4
volts DC to rapidly recharge the battery.
NORMAL MODE: Output voltage set at approximately 13.6 volts DC.
STORAGE MODE: When the converter senses that there has been no significant battery usage for 30 hours the output voltage is reduced to 13.2 volts
DC for minimal water usage. When in storage mode the microprocessor automatically increases the output voltage to 14.4 volts DC for 15 minutes
every 21 hours to help reduce sulfation of the battery plates.
-The above modes can be manually selected by pressing the Wizard Mode Button in the front panel.-
- All times and voltages provided above are approximate. -
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:39 PM   #4
mountain high top
Established Member

M.O.C. #31448
Converter light

Thank you both for your expertise with my question … I am off to see the “Wizzard” and buy a new second battery
mountain high top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:34 AM   #5
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
FYI, the "Charge Wizard" light blinks even with the converter circuit breaker off. I'm guessing it gets 12vdc power from either direction (from the converter or the battery).
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:38 AM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
In my last RV I had an inverter/charger. The light always blinked with the different times between each blink translating to what charge mode it was in...bulk, absorb or float.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote