Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
driving

Hey ladies-it is fun and scary to drive. Even turned a corner today without wiping out ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! I did scare Dave as I did have to stop mid-turn but we were in a turn lane and nothing was coming. We have about a 3 hour drive tomorrow and we will be home. I plan to do as much of the driving as possible. I also did as much of the set up today when we reached the campground as I could (with a lot of Dave's help)as I am a weakling. I really need to increase my upper body strength!!!!
We are in the UP of Michigan and it is beautiful up here. It is the same as where we live except they have the benefit of the Mackinac bridge, the sand dunes and beautiful Lake Michigan on the drivers side. It is amazing!!!! We have lived in Land O' Lakes for 8 years and I feel like I have missed so much so close to home so my goal for next summer is to do short trips into the upper part of Wisconsin and Michigan.
I can't wait to get home though and sleep on my own THICK mattress and for those of you at the rally and put up with the trains, we have trains at this campground as well. The only good thing is that I have only heard one so far tonight but it was so loud, it may as well have been coming through the living room.
Murph is staring at me so I have to go see what she needs. The other advantage of being home is that if she needs to go poddy, she can just go out the dog door without me having to freeze taking her out. Oh well, she is worth it.
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Congrats on the driving. We knew you could do it!

The UP of Michigan is one fine place to visit and drive through, love it up there.

I know a lot of MOCers don't like trains, but, as was discussed by some of us, there are a LOT of campgrounds that have trains. I have decided that if I am hearing a train, it is a GREAT thing, as I am out and about and using Tana!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
The UP is where I lived as a teenager. Graduated in 1949 from HS in Perkins, MI. The building is now a mattress factory. Go figure. Our gymnasium was about one half the size of present day's gymnasiums. Didn't mean to hijack this thread but I just had to say this.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
Ever notice that most campgrounds are near train tracks/yards and a Wal Mart? Except for a few state parks and military campgrounds, we seem to find that combination. It doesn't matter what state of this country we're in, it's the same.
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Where we are staying, down here in Florida, there are NO trains, and only the occasional small airplane or helicopter. We're a couple miles from the Interstate and we don't hear the traffic down here either. The only noise, aside from an occasional ambulance or fire truck, is the sound of construction. They are building some condo's or something, right next to the resort... and apparently pushing sand around, on the other side, to make a Home Depot. We like it here. It's cheaper than last year (we ARE staying for 6 months though and that earns you a break) and so far, not full. The managers said there were plenty of cancellations so if anyone is thinking of coming down this way... there are spots available... short term and longer term.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote