Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
As to regulated or unregulated, probably it's safest to use the regulated side. However, on our prior Montana without the docking station I hooked a hose to the Y on the park's water bib (my Y) and that side is unregulated. Those water lines are of a material that are very elastic and don't split easily, although it could happen. On that older Montana we froze water lines several times in temperatures to five below zero F and never had a problem. So I'd say those lines are plenty strong.

On this Montana, with the docking station, I have quick connects on the water connection and the black tank flush. I just pop the hose off the water connection and pop it on the black tank flush. So that's using the regulated side.

I would like to see the tank filler switch on that docking station also have a position to auto route the water to the black tank flush so I don't have to connect a hose. Just flip the switch.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have used both regulated and unregulated water to rinse the black tank. So far no problems.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #23
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote: Steve Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 12:58:37 PM ...On this Montana, with the docking station, I have quick connects on the water connection and the black tank flush. I just pop the hose off the water connection and pop it on the black tank flush. So that's using the regulated side.

I would like to see the tank filler switch on that docking station also have a position to auto route the water to the black tank flush so I don't have to connect a hose. Just flip the switch.
Steve, I like the tank-filler / black tank rinse switch idea.

As for the docking station on my 3650RK, it has a quick disconnect on the outside shower faucet with a blue curly hose with quick disconnect on one end and a male garden hose connection on the other end. The first time I used the black tank rinse, I used that hose. It seemed to work okay, but I think unregulated water would provide more pressure to clean the tank. I think that the unregulated water pressure should not have an adverse effect on rinse plumbing because the only restriction would be the rinse head itself, if any.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Send a message via AIM to mdklek
No water will flow thru my flush line. Hose is connected and water is on, but something is preventing the water from going into the black tank and flushing it out. It used to work, but for some unknown reason it seems completly blocked.

Any ideas??
mdklek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #25
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
How about the obvious...is the black tank valve open?
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
My flush valve does not work. It used too. Now the water will not flow. Hose hooked up, water turned on, but it seems blocked. Any suggestions out there??

Dumped last night and found this new & unpleasant surprise.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #27
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Yep. Black tank dump valve is open. Used this several times before and you would at least hear water rushing into the tank. Now nothing...
Old 01-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Had the same problem (can I safely say "problem") on our 06 3400 last week.In our case the switch valve in the docking station needed a little "encouragement" You may need to get back there and see if the switchover is actually working.The flush nozzle is at the very top of the tank (I assume your tank does dump properly) it could be clogged with TP.Had that problem ( oops) also ..our fault. Stuck a hose down the commode and filled the tank and that cleared the clog..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:12 AM   #29
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Where is the "switch valve in the docking station"?
I appreciate the info... :>
Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I did not say that right..You need to look in back of the panel. With the hose hooked up to the flush input and the water on..when you remove the hose does a stream of water come back at you. I have to move to the side or it will hit me in the chest. If that back flow does not come out there is a blockage on the other side of the panel..
Old 01-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #31
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Must be a blockage. Water does not kick out when hose disconnected. I would think the water pressure would clear a blockage. I had the water on for several minutes at least, but wouldn't give. Hate to ask,,, but how do you clear a blockage like this? Fill the tank with water and let it soak and hope for the best....??
Old 01-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't know about the 3475 but it is no small task to get behind that docking station.Many screws to remove, bending of panels , etc.If the fill the tank and soak method does not work you are going to have to get back there and take a look...May be just a kink in the water line. And when you get that panel off there is a whole bunch of other neat things you can do in back of that big white panel. Bring many tie wraps, maybe some insulation and a vacuum cleaner.It is all part of the great RV experience.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #33
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Spent the whole weekend - nothing resolved. Filled, drained, sloshed, drove around, (the black tank) and Tank Flush is still not working. Blew compressed air,,, you name it. Nothing....

Shower leak - still a mystery. Not the drain or the surround tub calking. Glass == maybe.

Off to the dealer. The hot water valve on the outside shower does not work at all. Something going on behind the docking station. Better to let them take it from here.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #34
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Blue,

I think you are talking about the tank fill valve valve that says Normal Flow - Tank Fill.

That's for you option to fill the freshwater tank from the city water connect. in normal flow your water is fed direct from the city hose. If you flip it to tank fill, it will fill your onboard tank.

To jog your memory:

Brad
Brad - I am very jealous of you guys with the 2007 Montys. I really love the central control center that you provided in your picture. It really adds to the class of the new Monty. "Sure wish I had one" - thanks for showing this photo.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #35
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Hey Native Tex -

I remember that picture. It wasn't even our Monty at the time. I shot a picture of one of the units at the Dealer months before we even ordered one.

I did learn something new about it though during our PDI. There is a removable 4" or so plug at the bottom that lets you neatly pass through all of your hookups underneath so you can close the cabinet. No more hoses sticking out of the side! Oooh can't wait to try it out.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #36
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Brad - please keep all this neat stuff to yourself.....I can't buy a new one now. Just kidding my friend. I like the looks of your new unit.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #37
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
The problem is related to the Black Tank Flush. The valve on the bottom left of your picture. Nothing goes thru this.