Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
rv net

I like to read several other forums and for the last 4-5 days have not been able to access RV Net. Have you had this problem too?

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Sometimes at night they shut it down for site maintenance ,no big deal that site is One Montana/Keystone Bashing site and some folks get Nasty in general and I go to it less and less
Old 03-16-2016, 04:00 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Been on that forum for years. It was down a few days ago I like to see input from all sources.The prime montana bashers over there are MOC members who were kicked off the MOC.o
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:04 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There are multiple portals to access the rv.net open roads forum. You can get there thru rv.net, trailerlife.com, woodalls.com, motorhome,com, and maybe another or two. They all end up accessing the same forum. I typically use the trailerlife.com portal, no particular reason other than just preference.

I have not had any problem accessing the open roads forum thru trailerlife.com lately. And rv.net is working for me also. But some on the forum have said they could not get there thru woodalls.com the last few days. You might try a different portal.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Dropped off there years ago. Too many people having too much fun at others expense particularly the new campers. Maybe a flamer missed his target and flamed the forum by mistake
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
They said that it was down for maintenance.

On edit, here is a good one: www.irv2.com
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #7
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
It certainly can get nasty over there. Jimmy, you hold your own though. I enjoy reading your posts, there and here. Too bad you're a Seahawks fan.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #8
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Well Thanx Sambam,yeah I have gotten into a few scraps over the years with Montana haters over there I AM ONE ANGRY BIRD But now I have mellowed with age by the way how did the Pats do Last season?? OHHHHHHH YEAHHH now I remember Old Man Manning put on a extra dose of Ben - Gay and him and Broncs D roughed you up a little, OH that's a Shame I was really pulling for you guys
Old 03-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
If you watched the game, you already know Peyton had little to do with the outcome. I bet Brady is still waking up in a cold sweat with the image of Von Miller and Andre Ware in his face. Good for the Broncos though. Glad Manning went out a winner. As for the 'hawks, anyone getting tired of Carrolls "rah, rah, sis-boom-bah act yet?

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #10
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I so agree with Dick. Too many trolls just arguing or starting arguments. Postings suggesting tax evasion when registering RVs was my limit. The forum allows these guys to post dangerous and illegal suggestions about many subjects. When I complained all the way to GoodSam headquarters, I was told I should consider leaving the forum. Oh and I never saw as many Montana haters in my life. Calling us elitists, and by some very unflattering names. Lol. So I tossed it aside.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:16 AM   #11
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
NOPE love Coach Pete's Rah Rah! we just started off slow last year with injuries with Marshawn and then his rookie sensation backup "Wreck it Rawls" O Line,Graham etc.. WE"LL BE BACK! and Wilson is Playing Lights Out!! It's Awesome How Pete and the Players pulled it together Mid- Late season and Made a heck of a run with the patchwork Offense and a Hopefully we will have the rematch with You guys then it's Payback time my friend,But anyway back to the Subject at hand I'm with Artemus I've tried to make my points with people on there without insulting Folks but it does not work they get Brutal so I'm OUT!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sambam

If you watched the game, you already know Peyton had little to do with the outcome. I bet Brady is still waking up in a cold sweat with the image of Von Miller and Andre Ware in his face. Good for the Broncos though. Glad Manning went out a winner. As for the 'hawks, anyone getting tired of Carrolls "rah, rah, sis-boom-bah act yet?
Old 03-17-2016, 05:31 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you look at the screen names of the Montana basher on RV net you will note they are the same 3 or 4 people.They are former MOC members who were ejected from the MOC forum. One in particular was kicked off the MOC has been kicked off RV net several times but returned under a different name. He has now sold the Montana .I know the guy. IMO RV net is a very good forum although not as monitored as well as the MOC.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #13
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I am on rv.net open roads forum fairly often. I typically just ignore those threads that get into flaming. But there are often threads that are informative and interesting. Just a matter of selective reading. And whenever someone ask a question about their newly purchased Montana I always refer them to the MOC forum. Hopefully I have helped add a few new members. So far the moderators there have not chastised me about referencing this forum. Although one of the former members richfaa mentioned did question why someone (me) kept referencing the MOC forum on the a Open Roads forum.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #14
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I guess the only reason I go RV net is that it is Kinda like passing a Car wreck when driving down the Road you don't want to look but you can't help yourself
Old 03-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #15
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
I can't help but feel for some of the new owners of whatever brand that go to RV.net and get hammered for asking a common question. We were all there at one time. A little help, coaching and direction goes a long way in helping people make good decisions and not feel like they are an idiot. I don't like some of the junk I see. I guess that goes for any forum.

Eric
egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are also Escapee members and members of the Montana/Keystone facebook page every forum has something to offer.MOC is unique in that it represents the Montana line and we have common interest.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:56 PM   #17
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
Although I dont post often I do like this site. Very nice folks here. I can't believe there isn't any drama here
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:43 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The moderators make any forum. Few realize the work that goes into being a Moderator(I am not one)MOC is a small forum compared to RV net and some of the others and is strictly monitored and enforced.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #19
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I tried them a couple years ago....I agree there was tons of drama plus Montana bashing. After a couple of months I gave up and never went back.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:13 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are many MOC'ers on RV net most use different screen names I do not. The Montana bashers are former MOC members who were ejected from MOC for..guess what...Montana bashing. It is/was for the most part one particular former MOC member.
There are very few brand specific RV forums so RV net serves a purpose. We belong to Escapees which is full time oriented but still has information we can use.