Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Water being pumped out from water in.

Ok, the DW turned on the pump to use the restroom just before we were to leave the camp ground and water started running out of the city water inlet at the convenience center. So there must be a back flow preventer somewhere in the line but where? Any ideas? 2015, 3582RL.

Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

A quick fix is to go to Wal-Mart and purchase a shut off valve that fastens to the end of a water hose. Put it on the water inlet in the convenience center and shut it off. That stops the leak and you just turn it on when you hook the hose up at the camp site.

We have been running ours this way for over 5 years because we couldn’t find a service facility that had any idea where the check valve was and Keystone was no help.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Great idea thanks.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:34 AM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Alternately ... the check valve is right in the end of the fitting that you screw your fresh water hose onto. Take a pen or similar and push the check valve in a few times ... it's probably just off it's seat.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #5
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

Alternately ... the check valve is right in the end of the fitting that you screw your fresh water hose onto. Take a pen or similar and push the check valve in a few times ... it's probably just off it's seat.
Not on ours!

Phil P
Old 10-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:

That's where mine is located. I've had to jiggle it to get it to reseat a couple of times. Jim
Old 10-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Quote:

That's where mine is located. I've had to jiggle it to get it to reseat a couple of times. Jim
That is where mine are located also. Right behind the screened rubber washer.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #8
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
The check valve is behind the screen in the hose connection as previously mentioned. I put a new screen in and accidentally turned it backwards (pointing in instead of out) and mine did the same thing. I pulled it out and turned it over and it was OK. The screen was holding the check valve in.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #9
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I will say it again.

Not on ours.

But then again there were not any check valves near our convenience center. The check for the potable water port is somewhere in the trailer just not near the hose hookup. When it failed we just gave up looking for it and put the water hose shut off on.

I bet every has forgotten about my post from years ago.

Our trailer was delivered to us without a complete potable water system. When we hooked up the water hose the first time water rand out of all sorts of places. When the dealer opened the basement wall they found several water lines not hooked up they also found the black tank vent was not installed the pipe was cut and all the pieces were there and stacked neatly behind the basement wall.

The trailer was obviously not built correctly and then did not receive any kind of inspection at the end of the production line.

When we had to replace the basement floor and convenience center at 14 months old a lot of incorrect items were repaired.

Phil P
Old 10-16-2015, 01:27 PM   #10
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I just want tolet everyone know the fix to this problem was the valve at the fitting just like dieselguy said. Thanks I like to let the group know haw things worked out.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.