Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Oregon Gypsys
Established Member

M.O.C. #2110
hooking cable to 2005 montana 5th wheel

I have always had dish TV hook-up. With the wind and rain storm i need to use cable but don't know how to get it to work. i plugged it into the outlet outside but nothing is happening. PLEASE HELP

Oregon Gypsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Not sure about your model (helps to put it in your signature line), but our 2007 model had a jumper in the entertainment center that allowed the living room and bedroom tv's to share the cable feed. It required a short piece of coax if you have that configuration (there were three coax connectors in the entertainment center itself. The only other thing is that the antenna booster has to be turned off for the cable feed to work. If you post your model number, there is probably someone who has the exact answer.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Oregon Gypsys
Established Member

M.O.C. #2110

Earlier I posted a question about hooking up cable to my '05 Montana --3685FL; with the moving to Montana package and other optional features.
The front living room is very nice. We chose this model because it has two doors and is well suited for handicapped and older folks. My husband and I decided to go full time during the summer of 05. Oct 2010 he died suddenly of a wrongful death. The past few years I have been spending time in the 5TH wheel at the Oregon Coast while working through grief and healing with God's help.

There is so much up-keep I feel overwhelmed. I hire the maintenance done, that I can't do, but try to follow the guide lines set by my husband . ( due to the severe winds here) I decided to hook up to cable instead of Dish Tripod which I have. I learned about the cable loop located in the entertainment center. Also the light for the roof antenna needs to be off. It was nice of you to drop me a line. It appears that our systems are similar,even though your model it newer. It may be the weather causing the problem. If you can think of anything please let me know. Again thank you for your share. Enjoy each day with each other, treating it as if it were your last. Time is always shorter than we think. Happy trails. Rita Fay
Old 03-31-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
A very simple test is to run the coax from the campground directly to a tv set to make sure there is a reliable signal to start with (this is probably easiest with the bedroom tv and running the coax through a window.. The problem may be with the campground cable. Just a thought. Couldn't tell from your post whether you still had the problem?
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
Oregon Gypsys
Established Member

M.O.C. #2110
Thank U for your reply