Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Okay, so now I have something else to do this weekend.

Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
Rick,

I do have room on the truck, in fact when I bought the truck the prior owner had 2 spares for the truck stored against the headache rack. I got rid of them since they were way too old to be trusted.
I would rather have the spare "out of site, out of mind" but I know what you mean about them coming in twos! Not a bad idea to have an extra spare but don't think I could talk the DW into it right now. She is still in sticker shock from the first 5 G614's!

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Luckily my wife was on board with the 2nd spare idea. I just told her the total for the 6 tires and the new wheel. Her only comment was that she hoped this fixed the tire problem once and for all. Been a year so far. Only about 5k miles on them, slow year for us. We head out a week from Friday and will put another 3k on them. Hopefully it will all be uneventful on the tire front.

I understand out of site/out of mind. Luckily the Jeep covers the extra most of the time. I did add a cable lock to the extra just to be safe.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
One tire shop used their air wrench on the crank...which messed up the gears.
I took the winch apart and rebuilt it so it works again and has been used several times since then.
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote