Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #21
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Here is a Thread with everything you need to know about those 50 amp self resetting circuit breakers.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=78438
I'm glad you guys posted this as we have also been sitting for 8 months without putting in the slides. Seeing all this, I think we will pull the slides in just to make sure they still work rather than not knowing in case we have to evacuate because of a hurricane.

greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:53 AM   #22
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz54 View Post
Remember we are electrically challenged---get a meter and what do i do??--check the batteries?? Be specific about what I should do--keep in mind I've never used a meter--thanks. There were two fuses on the wires coming from the battery box--both were good . Does the inverter get it's power form the batteries--is that why it appears to be off??
You need to call in some onsite help. Electricity is not something to learn alone. You could get hurt.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:40 AM   #23
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
I noticed today that the inverter has no power to it?? The little light is off and nothing happens when I push the reset button---does that indicate the batteries are no good??
First, you need to hold that button for a few seconds before the inverter will respond. Second, the inverter will shut down if the battery drops below around 11.4 volts. But that's a separate issue. The inverter has nothing to do with the hydraulic pump although it may be an indicator as you stated of a battery issue.

You may want to remove the battery and take it to an auto store and have it load tested, that will tell you if it needs replacing.

I just ordered a new battery to replace the cheap hybrid one the dealer supplied and then let go dead a couple times while my unit was in for service. Along with the new battery is coming a new disconnect switch for the neg. terminal so that doesn't happen again.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:12 AM   #24
Gutz54
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23468
Yep--both my batteries were as dead as a door nail!! Thanks everyone for helping out!! Got another issue I'll post separably.
Gutz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:50 PM   #25
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Remember we are electrically challenged---get a meter and what do i do??--check the batteries?? Be specific about what I should do--keep in mind I've never used a meter--thanks. There were two fuses on the wires coming from the battery box--both were good . Does the inverter get it's power form the batteries--is that why it appears to be off??

CONVERTER, not inverter. The converter converts 120 volts AC into 12 volts DC, which is what is in your rig that charges the batteries.
An inverter takes 12 volts DC and changes it into 120 volts AC.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote