Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
DCB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22743
360 degree surround view camera systems

I have read the discussions about back up cameras, in some cases accompanied by side view cameras, as in Furrion’s new system. That is not what this thread is about.

I am interested in a 360° surround view camera system for my Montana. This type of system would render a bird’s eye view of the trailer, almost as if a drone were flying overhead taking footage. This, along with the cameras I have on my 2020 Silverado, would give me perspective of where my trailer is relative to other objects on the ground, whether they be roadways, picnic tables, or other obstacles. I think that would be very helpful when it comes to maneuvering in campgrounds and other tight quarters. Many late model cars and trucks come equipped with such a system, which is capable of providing images that appear to be from overhead, like the one pictured.

Here is a link to one example of the kind of product to which I am referring. This is one of the less expensive ones.

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/32851101862.html

If you have familiarity with these systems, do you have any recommendations as to ones that are particularly well-suited for long trailers? Has anyone noticed brands that seem to Be favored by RV dealers’ parts departments?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D260935B-C80B-4494-976B-88426F6B16ED.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	6890  

DCB is offline   Reply With Quote