Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #21
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
I think thats the unit we use.. I would have to double check, saved our butts a few times already !

Just double checked, we have the 34950. works great no issues.

2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #22
Leftie Canuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23585
Replaced Surge Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAinaMontana View Post
I had a Surge Guard 50A ( manufactured before company was purchased by South Wire with no lifetime warranty ) go bad about a year ago. I called South Wire as they now have a lifetime warranty and they replaced the old unit at no charge. It does everything I want and digital readout gives the amps and voltage on each line.
Frank, do you have contact info for South Wire ? I have looked for contact information for the successor company of Surge Guard , as I inherited a 50 amp one as well, and it has gone south on me. Any help appreciated !
Eric on the Left Coast
2012 3150 RL Monty - loving it
Leftie Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #23
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
I think thats the unit we use.. I would have to double check, saved our butts a few times already !

Just double checked, we have the 34950. works great no issues.
Thanks for checking!

So question:. What do you do when you pull up to a pedestal that the protector says has an issue. I'm assuming it doesn't let you connect at that point? And a second part of the question, how do you know that it's saved you a few times? What did it do?

Having never had one of these, I can't believe that we've been at a park that has "issues" but I have no way of knowing that?

We don't have a Genny, so we would be on 12V only, and couldn't use the TV or micro, so that's a problem too...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote