Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2004, 03:33 AM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Gadgets and Stuff ...

Thoughts running through my sleep-deprived mind as we try to keep water lines unfrozen ... someone once asked me what item I couldn't live without as a fulltime RVer. Since I live with a gadget lover (as well as a MOC Legend), I thought it might be fun to learn what gadget MOCers just can't do without in your Montana ... inanimate objects only, folks.

I simply must have a back scratcher ... the wooden Chinese-type. Not only does this engineering wonder actually scratch backs in a satisfactory manner, it's irreplaceable as a pan-puller-outer from the oven, a super cooler-switch-flipper and a way-at-the-back-item-reacher for those things way at the back of the upper cabinets, as well as out-of-reach items throughout the coach. I just don't know what I'd do without this little one dollar wonder.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:04 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
my grabber so I can get stuff down from the cabinets with out having to climb on the stool to reach the top shelve.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:39 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Remote propane-out indicator. Gives me a visual in the bedroom when that red flag has popped up and saves me lots of worry and needless trips outside to check the flag.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I am using it right now and will be using it for the rest of the evening.

The one thing I do not want to do without is simple it's my.....

C O M P U T E R
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
Montana_2180
Established Member

M.O.C. #2180
I'm with you there, Glenn! It's "what" I do when I get home (no, I'm NOT a geek! hah!) to pass the time...

Steve...tell me more about that remote propane guage...I'm always popping open the door with the flashlight before work to see how I'm doing.
I suspect the guage doesn't work, though, as it is always green...even when I turn off the propane on both botttles...is it broken or am I doing something wrong.

Does your remote guage work if the line guage is defective or are they not tied together?

Tell me more...that is something I really must get!

Chip
Montana_2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:59 AM   #6
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Chip, the little lever on the top points to the bottle that is the "supply"(green indicator). When the supply bottle runs out the regulator automatically switches to the "reserve" bottle and the indicator turns to red. When You flip the black lever to the other side(lever points to the hose that it is drawing from) the indicator goes green again. Disconnect and refill the empty bottle, let the regulator continue drawing from that bottle and the freshly filled one is noe the "reserve".

To test the indicator flip the lever to point to the line that goes to the bottle on that side. Shut off the bottle and turn on the furnace. The indicator should go red and the regulator will be drawing from the other bottle. Flip the lever to the other bottle and it should go green again.

Always keep both bottles turned on and just keep flipping back and forth.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:06 AM   #7
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
DREMEL TOOL!!!!
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:18 AM   #8
Montana_2180
Established Member

M.O.C. #2180
Thanks, John! Sorry to hijack your thread, Vicki!

Chip
Montana_2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Chip, next time you turn off the bottles, fire up the stove to burn off the pressure and see if the red flag pops up then. I'd say you have no leaks in your line!

It does work off the regulator so if it doesn't work then this won't either. Here's a link that shows and describes it.
http://www.camperschoice.com/Product...owestprice=Yes
Old 12-26-2004, 02:17 AM   #10
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Vicki,
My isn't really a gadget but I could not live without my Aluminium Foil. Use it so many ways, very useful...
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Another way to check the indicator is to flip the handle straight up so neither bottle is active. Just checked ours and it immediately goes red.