Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2016, 02:03 AM   #21
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I've met people who have had big problems with their park model so Rich wouldn't necessarily be ok there either We've added so many things to ours that we don't even look at new ones, New cool things are nice, but paid for has it's attractions also.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:00 AM   #22
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
I too can be sarcastic and meant no ill will toward Rich in my above post. There are many very knowledgeable rv'ers on this forum and I've learned a lot from them. Rich is right there at the top of that list.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:19 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Traveling was our dream and the RV is the way to do it no park models in our future when we or the RV can no longer travel we are done.
The 08 Ford been a good truck with only minor issues since Feb 2007 Front and rear seal, failed thermostat.

We have been around Rv's for a very long time. We sold many brands at RV shows toured many plants owned 6 RV's not counting pop ups and tents. I am surprised at people who post that they have never had a problem with their RV no matter what the brand.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #24
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Admire your resiliency and resolve. Keep living the Dream!
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:55 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Strange the we see our problems as fairly typical of high end RV users.We are heavy on holding tank failures but those were a known design and manufacturing issue. Montana has now gone to a completely new and different tank that should solve the issue.Do a forum search for holding tank failures and you will see many, many and not just from us. There were no surprises for us..disappointment but no surprises. We knew we would have failures.

Frame flex, shackle problems all common problems.IMO there are many RV owners that will not post or admit to having problems.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #26
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Rich do you know what year they resolved the tank issues? I know all my tanks on my 3160 drain extremely slow.

Tom Marty
Old 03-19-2016, 07:01 AM   #27
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
yep no Ill will here either Rich,just mess'in with ya,and yes you are probably right that some folks do notpost about having any problems with their brand out of pride ,Even Me luckiest RV Owner on earth right here has had a few small problems that I have posted here I just fixed them myself ,do not know how I lucked out after 2 CLass A Holiday Ramblers and 3 Monty's that have never been back to a dealership for repairs SOMEBODY is looking after me
Old 03-19-2016, 08:15 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It was stated at the fall rally in Sept that a new design tank was being installed in the Montana. It is a one piece design.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #29
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
2015 Montana 3440RL Legacy Edition. Love the LevelUp System, residential refrigerator, MCD Shades, general floor layout,one piece shower, complete LED lighting, king molding interior lights, leather furniture, has everything we ever wanted since buying our 2005 Montana.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #30
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Haven't read all the posts, so some may be a repeat...I like the level system, frameless windows residential refer.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:39 AM   #31
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Everyone's mentioned things we would look for but there's a couple that are required for us. Access to the bathroom and refrigerator at MINIMUM with all slides in is the biggest one. We travel a lot and many of the newer rigs we've seen don't have either of these. One floor plan we saw actually let you access a cabinet as well, but that was an exception. Most units with a residential refrigerator don't let you open anything with slides in. Add access to the bedroom and a couple of cabinets and we'd start seriously considering a trade in. The other thing we've come to really prefer is our rear entertainment center and large TV on a lift. The lift lets us put lightweight items on top, and having the TV at the rear lets whoever is cooking to see it easily.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #32
Kampn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18069
We've only had our 2016 a short while and we love it. We ordered it loaded and we love all the upgrades, the only upgrade that I'm not totally sure about yet is the "On Command" system. Twice so far I've had to kill all power to the camper to reset the system so that it would recognize the BCM unit and respond again. It's a simple task but it is a bit annoying. Other then that we're very proud of it. Big screen TV is one of my favorites, my wife loves the 18 cf fridge. Concerning the furniture we ordered ours without it and then put in Lazy boy recliners and love seat.
Kampn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #33
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltBennett

Everyone's mentioned things we would look for but there's a couple that are required for us. Access to the bathroom and refrigerator at MINIMUM with all slides in is the biggest one. We travel a lot and many of the newer rigs we've seen don't have either of these. One floor plan we saw actually let you access a cabinet as well, but that was an exception.
What is listed here has been the criteria for our last two rigs. Along with room for a stackable washer and dryer. Our 3850FL meets all of the criteria, and actually goes beyond. Although we have to use the back door to access the bathroom, we can access the fridge and actually sit at the kitchen table with the use of the microwave when we are travelling (Onan equipped). Our new travel routine based on these factors has resulted in our not eating fast food at all when travelling. We have also managed to sleep in the bedroom with the slides in, by laying cross ways on the bed (accessed via sliding second bathroom door), during an overnight tow and needed a brief rest. Oh, and absolutely would not do without the level-up!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #34
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I am actually glad that our 2015 Montana did not come with that new Command system. I remember may issues with the old remote control several years ago. At what point is it enough trying to integrate technology into a RV, sometimes just pressing a wired button is much more reliable than going wireless.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #35
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Artemus, this is our third Montana. We averaged 60 days a year when I was working and the last three years it has upped to 100+ per year. We have only had a few issues on any of the three and this one, so far, has been the best so far. Our worst issue was a broken spring while traveling in Alaska. The new unit, a 3160, is a Legacy model which includes the traditional rear cap, MCD shades, heated floor (bathroom), solid wood cabinets, and the upgraded suspension. We added the Winegard Travl'r DirecTV satellite dish and a 2000 watt inverter. Of course, Level up and G Series tires were great. We use the outdoor entertainment system more than we thought we would. The heated theatre seating is great, the lighted pantry and the camera system are appreciated. The residential fridge is not an option we would consider. With boon docking (no solar), we like the dual mode RV fridge. And, we continue to buy Montana because of the quality, knowledge of who to talk to when we have an issue, our great dealer experience and the MOC. Good luck finding the RV that is right for both of you. Our new 3160 fits us to a T. We love the 3610, but where we live in the mountains, the longer units drag going up our driveway. And, the weight of those units makes it tough to get up the hill. But, it isn't the right floor plan for many. It's all about finding what fits you.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:21 PM   #36
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
What I want that this one doesn't have:
Residential Refer, Induction cooktop, drawer dishwasher, (The current one isn't the drawer. It opens just like a house dishwasher, just half the size.) large pantry, NO CARPET, Independent suspension, NO push-button lights (I want a switch on the wall.)

What we have now that is a must:
Level-Up, disc brakes, two awnings

So far, the only ones we have looked at that offer all that I want: DRV and Luxe. Both are considerably more $.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:38 AM   #37
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The residential ridge is on our get list and we will when this OEM fridge fails. We have the IS and the Disc brakes are on the get list. We have a portable induction cook stove and would like OEM induction cook stove. Minimum carpeting is a must. These are all upgrades that we can do on this 13 3402 and have done some. We are high end users and at @ 270 days a year every little thing that makes living in a RV easier is a plus.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #38
badmontana

M.O.C. #19460
Decals

Get rid of decals go to full body paint cracked and faded peeling decals are embarrassing and really hurt your trade in or selling value we have a 2009 3400 RL bought new after years of looking and wanting one should have done more research on keystone now we know how terrible there customer service is I don't think that after 3 years the decals should have started to crack coach was covered in winter and washed and waxed they pretty much told us to bad for us we herd they were replacing decals but when we called they told us that was not happing so now when we are looking to sell or trade we will have to take a big hit because of the decals well live and learn I wish I knew about Montana owners club before I bought one a lot of good info I hope this will let people know don't get caught up with the shiny new coach look at reviews for it and the company that makes it please learn from our mistake I bet you can guess which company we will not be buying from
badmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #39
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
To the OP, the newest thing I saw this Jan was a self igniting oven.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #40
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Love the 6 point levelup system, and just about 100% LED throughout the trailer. On our 2015 we included the Legacy Package which gave us everything from heated bathroom floors to heated theater seating, solid cherry wood cabinets, heaters for all the tanks and a superior gel coating and I could go on and on.