Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2004, 05:37 AM   #21
BusyBees
Established Member

M.O.C. #1192
We spent our weekend in the Big Apple. Drove down Sat. with our 26 yr. old son to deliver him to Columbia U. where he is in his 2nd year working on a PhD. The drive was long (8.5 hrs not counting stops) but the weather was great and the country we rolled thru was just plain beautiful.

In the city we had fun watching all the other parents arriving with their kids. We saw them in the shops and in the restaurants. My son tells me those were the best meals the kids would get till the holidays. We enjoyed New York, especialy without the traffic, and, of course, the Rep. convention. Drove home yesterday, beautiful weather, light traffic and no delay at the border. I think I better go buy a lottery ticket.

BusyBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:46 AM   #22
Montana_1600
Established Member

M.O.C. #1600
Very busy weekend. Unfortunately it wasn't in the 5er.

Saturday went to 2 grandsons football games. Lots of fun to watch them mature and accept the responsibility of playing.

Sunday was able to go to a movie with Ted. Very easy going, enjoyable day.

Labor day, Ted and I played 9 holes of golf in the morning and in the early evening went to the Western Nascar race at RMR in Salt Lake. Lots of upcoming talent.

Enjoyed just being together. Looking forward to the end of the year when we can become full time rv'ers. Will be taking off for Tucson and staying on the military base since Ted just recently retired from the military after serving two tours of duty in Iraq. (whew)

Jackie Cooley
2004 29RL
2004 Ram Dodge 1 ton Cummins
Montana_1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:24 AM   #23
Montana_152
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #152
Was forced by my Karen to spend 5 days in Jamaica. It was tough but I managaed
to survive and tried to keep smiling.
Montana_152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #24
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Labor Day Weekend? Well let's just say I have had better. Glad for those of you who had a good time and enjoyed it.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:34 AM   #25
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Made plans for a week end at Lake Buchanan with friends and family. Decided to make a quick trip to the grocery Friday morning, the Ford diesel would not start. Had the truck towed to a dealer, they called about 4:00 pm. Picked the truck up after paying the $100. deductible, they replaced the cps sensor and the fuel filter assembly. Truck was ok, made it to the lake and all was well until Sat. morning, truck finally started. Monday afternoon, making plans to return home and the truck want start. Had tried to start repeatedly which caused the batteries to become weak. Put a charger on the batteries and replaced the cps sensor with one I carry in the glove box, still want start. More batter charging until Sunday am, yea the truck finally started. Drove to Marble Falls Ford dealer, explained my problem to the lady service adviser. She checked the batteries and one had a dead cell. Bought 2 batteries and all was well except I am out the $100. to the first dealer.
Had a good time at the Lake with friends and family. All did end well.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:27 AM   #26
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
Why, dove hunting, of course! Been a hunter since I was a kid, and so are my sons. Spent a long weekend in La Junta, CO at the KOA there, and enjoyed pretty good success. Colorado has had a pretty wet summer (after two years of drought) and so the mosquitoes were plentiful!! TGFO! (Thank goodnes for Off)
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #27
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by skyguy

Why, dove hunting, of course! Been a hunter since I was a kid, and so are my sons. Spent a long weekend in La Junta, CO at the KOA there, and enjoyed pretty good success. Colorado has had a pretty wet summer (after two years of drought) and so the mosquitoes were plentiful!! TGFO! (Thank goodnes for Off)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturally one would have to do some dove hunting! I just did not mention...not much luck on our part. Put up a automatic deer feeder though. My son hunted south near Brownsville, TX and had more dove than they could shoot at. Have a good day!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #28
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Spent the weekend at Yogi Bear in williamsport,md.Talked to most of the fiver owners, there were 4 montana fivers there, did not get to talk to all of them,watched the nascar race, hey 29 fans, our boy Kasey kicked your boy out of the top ten, hope he stays in the chase.Going back there this weekend cause could not make it to Richmond for the race, this is nascar weekend there and they show the race,weather permitting , on the drive-in type screen in the field, lotsa fun,this is our hometown campground, would go to the harrisburg rv shoow,but hurt my ankle and do not feel like walking that much, i'll wait until spring and catch the Chantilly and Timonium shows, if any Montana owners are there stop in and say hi, we always stay in the old front part of the park, not back in the big rig section, a little harder to get in but we like the woods setting better.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #29
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
For the labor day weekend, from Friday thru Tues., we camped out at the Mackinaw koa campground and then walked the Mackinaw Bridge on Labor day.
It was the first time for us and we enjoyed it so much that we signed up for it next year. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the mass of humanity that was there. Tens of Thousands of walkers. We had our son, his wife and our grandson (just turned 1 year old) with us and next year we will have our daughter and her husband and our 2 1/2 year old grand daughter with us. It is something that all (except the babies) will remember all their lives - The gorgeous view while walking accross the bridge.

Gary & Carole
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #30
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Sounds like most everyone had a good weekend (except for our friends and members in Florida--we're still thinking of you and sending those special thoughts!). And yes, SGF, your boy Kasey did move our boy #29 Kevin but we still have hopes for NASCAR in Richmond--Hey, he could win you know! But we'll still be his #1 fans no matter what. You gotta support them in the bad as well as the good.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:15 PM   #31
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
West Yellowstone, at the Grizzly RV Park. Really good place, but a bit expensive. But, then again, everything in W. Yellowstone is a bit pricy..

Got down to 24 F on Friday night, and the weather guys missed it by 10 degrees in the forcast! Most folks, us included, didn't disconnect the water for the night, since it was only forcast to get down to around 35 or 36. The unexpected hard freeze broke 19 water outlets in the Park,and we suffered a ruptured outside water filter. Our rig did fine...no problems. The water hose to the rig froze solid, but didn't rupture.

Beautiful place, and I hooked a HUGE brown or rainbow trout in the Madison River...using only a 5X tippet he fly rod, so it is trout-1, fisherman-0....maybe next year....
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:42 PM   #32
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Cherokee KOA, great place haev the best super sitesd we have ever stayed at. we faired a little better on the trout my two sons caught 2 fish each. Great weekend until trip home when down pour rain hit from Frances.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #33
Theadamsfamily
Established Member

M.O.C. #1793
We spent the labor day weekend at Bethpage Campground in Urbanna, VA. (2nd time out in our new Monty). Lots of people but good weather and a good weekend. Saw several other Monties there too but did not get a chance to speak to them.
Theadamsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #34
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We were suppose to be camping and boating but found while getting the boat ready it has a cracked block so no point in going to the lake. Needless to say that stopped me in my tracks loading the monty up. We stayed home and did somemore work in our yard, still about 5 ton of rock to move so monty can be put in the backyard after she comes back from the dealer (we take her Monday for the last of the warranty work).

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:25 AM   #35
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
We spent the weekend plus a day or two on either end at the city campground in Ludington MI. We were there with family (Victoria's cousins) and went fishing and picnicing most days. I caught my first salmon and a rather large lake trout. We fried, smoked and canned fish. Agreat week end for everyone but the pinata.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:04 PM   #36
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Lucky us spent the last week on a private, secluded lake in northern Wisconsin. No motors, no radio, no television, no telephone -- just the sounds of nature. Enjoyed every minute of our solitude! Fishing could have been better, but didn't starve.

But, the first thing upon returning home this afternoon, was hop on the internet and see what I missed on the MOC this past week!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote